It’s for charity…and it makes me want to cry.

SWOT’S music video is terminally awful, but also sort of brilliant.

| UPDATED charity medicine song students SWOT video

“This is SWOT” is worse than any disease you’ll ever get. The Americanised singing,the guitars, the rapping. It’s all too much, it’s painfully bad.

However this leads me to believe those clever medics are even more intelligent than their course would suggest.

The song is  so cripplingly awful and cringey that you can’t help but watch- it’s a little like Embarrassing Bodies. Vomit-inducing but impossible to look away.

The song is also catchier than the flu. I’ve listened to it about three times now and despite the fact it makes me want to spit, I cannot get it. Out. Of. My Head.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Cdnf2AbRg[/youtube]

It’s hard to take the piss out of these SWOT members. They’ve tried so hard and you can just see the good intentions radiating out of their eyes as they urge you to “fight for what’s right/in a world that ain’t fair”.

The message and the aim is spot on, it’s just the delivery which has made it so sickeningly wholesome it’s hard for us normal degenerates to cope with.

Yet it is this fact which has made the SWOT team such a success- by creating this infectiously cheesy video they’ve forced us to consider donating. Their optimism and belief in the generosity of their fellow students  is contagious.

In a way I want to smash the guitars of Jonny McDowell and his band of do-gooders. On the other hand, I want to ruffle their hair and give them all a round of applause for trying to better the lives of others. Even if it means  humiliating themselves to the delight of bitchy viewers like me.