Shocking footage released showing rape near Walkabout

The attack happened in October

CCTV footage has been released showing a woman being carried off before she was raped in Birmingham city centre, in an attempt to catch the monster behind the attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UIRXCpqIZw

The footage, which has been made public by West Midlands police, shows the victim being picked up outside Walkabout on Broad Street and carried towards Tennant Street.

She was found incredibly distressed a short time later by a local, and the crime was reported to the police.

The incident took place around 4am on Sunday 19th October.

It’s believed the victim previously left Walkabout bar with a man known simply as “Kevin”. He has been described a white man with dwarfism, in his 20s, with short dark hair.

He is not being treated a suspect, but is a key witness and the police have urged him to come forward.

kevin tweet

Police are still looking for Kevin

West Midlands police issued a statement on Facebook: “CCTV shows the man carrying her across Tennant Street. Minutes later she was raped. The crime was reported to officers a short time later when a member of the public found the woman highly distressed. A police investigation was immediately launched.”

They are appealing to the public for any information about the attack.

Detective Constable Danette Calvey of West Midlands Police’s Public Protection Unit commented on the bravery and courage of the 25-year old victim in allowing the footage to be released.

She said: “The victim hopes that these new images may jog someone’s memory and that their call may make the difference to her attacker being caught or left to roam the streets.

“I implore people to take a good look at the CCTV and focus on the man.”

Anyone with any information is asked to call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

NOW WATCH:
The Tab Aston