Two skiers taken to hospital after snow tour coach crashed

They have since been discharged

andorra asc tour aston snow club car crash crash motorway national noad skiing tour whiplash

A coach carrying the Snow Club on tour was involved in a crash just hours after it had set off to Andorra.

Two students ended up in hospital with minor injuries – reportedly a head injury and whiplash – but they have since been discharged.

It was raining at the time of the crash, which happened around midnight on Friday near London.

The coach was just hours into its planned 22 hour journey to Pasa De La Casa, in Andorra.

ASC crash

ASC crash 2

Everyone else, including the driver of the other vehicle, was unhurt.

The rest of the party have now arrived safely in Andorra and are “in high spirits”.

A spokesperson for the University said: “Our Snow Club, which is part of Aston Students’ Union, is presently out of the country for a skiing holiday and was travelling by coach to Andorra.

“Unfortunately while travelling, one of the coaches was involved in a minor incident with another vehicle.

“The incident was not serious – two students have minor injuries and were taken to hospital for observation before being discharged.

“The rest of the coach passengers were uninjured.

“The remaining students were taken onto the resort and are all fine and ‘in high spirits’.”

ASC crash 3

Second year Hollie Abbott, who was on a different coach, said: “It was about midnight and raining when a lorry went into the back of the coach.

“Everyone’s ok, there were no serious injuries but a few people went to hospital.”