Aber SU voted the 12th worst club in the country

We were the only students’ union to make the list

Thousands of you voted on the UK’s worst clubs in the country. Here are the results.

We all know that Aber has a lot to offer, but it definitely does not feature many night clubs. And that’s okay, because we love our our Pier, Angel, Yoko’s & Co dearly. Once in a while though everybody gets annoyed with going to that one worst club in town. A whole 146 of you were committed to the cause and voted the Students Union as Aber’s worst club, placing it as the 12th worst club in the whole of the UK.

Remember fake David Guetta? Not funny.

The Union is usually not a place for anyone but Freshers or Rugby fans during Six Nations, unless the infamous Blackhouse nights are on once in a lifetime. It doesn’t surprise that the Union is not the most popular venue to go clubbing given the frequently overrated “special events” – which usually make you want to skip to Yoko’s straight away.

Even the outside looks like it’s given up

Whilst the older students amongst you may remember the fun “old” Bierkeller shenanigans, this year’s Bierkeller event or fake David Guetta concert made you believe the SU only offers a below par night at best. This is why the SU now features as the 12th worst club in the country.

Bierkeller used to be fun, until they banned glass steins

The important thing to remember now is that the SU is a Union, not a club. Although the Union frequently transforms into a little empty dance floor doesn’t make it a proper club like Pier or Yoko’s. In turn this may suggest that Aber students are actually quite happy with the scarce, but good choice in clubs on offer in our seaside town. Granted, the Union could work on their image as a fun place to be on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and make Bierkeller as great as it used to be. But overall, we shouldn’t complain. We have a place for 90’s fans (Pier), charts lovers (Yoko’s), dubstep/house fans (Angel) and the occasional DJ rave at Blackhouse. This vote can make us proud since we’re complaining about a club that isn’t even one. Well done once again, Aber.