What Game of Thrones house is your Aber residence?

“You know nothing Llewellyn Snow”

Yesterday marked the beginnings of season six of the long awaited return of Game of Thrones, and when you think about many comparisons can be drawn between Westeros and Aber.

The Bay of Black Water is Cardigan Bay, the pyramid of Meereen is the tower of Pen Dinas, we may not have dragons but the seagulls are certainly vicious enough to make up for it.

So it only makes sense to ask the question what House from the HBO giant is your place of residence in Aberystwyth is.

Town Centre – House Bolton

Much like the savagery demonstrated by Ramsay Bolton, the people of the town aren’t too afraid to dismember one another after a disagreement. Don’t believe us? Just remember the two separate times that someone has had their ear bitten off on a night out.

Penglais Fferm – House Lannister

Much like House Lannister, Fferm holds most of the realms (campus) gold. Sat up in their high towers they have fallen into power controlling the Seven Kingdoms of Accommodation. You’ve probably all got fantastic golden hair right?

A Fferm fresher always pays his debts.

PJM – House Clegane

Sworn to allegiance of House Lannister (Fferm) you live out your days forever in their shadows, serving to better their life without ever getting through their front door.

Pantycelyn – House Targaryen

Once great, the oldest and most noble of the Houses in the Seven Kingdoms of Accommodation was viciously usurped by uni bosses after the massacre of innocents (rabbits). Whilst you have all been pushed into exile there are those, in dark corners of Angel and under hushed breaths, supportingly long for your return to power.

Rosser – House Stark

Alike to the Stark’s, you used to be pretty important and kind of a big deal within the Seven Kingdoms of Accommodation, then it all went to shit and the Lannisters (Fferm) moved on in and fucked you up. While all the Stark’s are dead save for a couple of stragglers, you got lucky and just faded into the shadows.

Rosser used to mean something, but now you have no power. ‘Fferm is coming’

Trefloyne – House Tyrell

Like House Tyrell, Tref has a beautiful garden full of many types of flowers. Similarly Tref has been slowly building power from within, steadily growing and being recognised as the truly greatest accommodation on Penglais.

Shame you’re all way too concerned about how you look…

Seafront – House Greyjoy

Pike is a barren and harsh environment, where only those who pray to the drowned gods have a chance to survive. Living on seafront is just the same, pray to the gods beneath the ocean that with each and every storm that this time it isn’t the one that has the waves come crashing through your Kitchen window.

Whilst everyone is scrabbling over control for Penglais Campus, you just sit by the sea… not buying anything luxurious but stealing it from your neighbours, only the ‘Iron price’ will do. You’ve probably fingered your own sister on a horse as well.

North Road – House Martell

No one really knows what your deal is. You have lovely views of the chilled out sea, at the bottom of Penglais and yet only people that didn’t want to be far from uni live there. You didn’t want to move out of uni accommodation, but you just fucking hate everyone else that lives up there.

Llanbadarn – House Arryn

Out on the Eerie, your house words are “As High as Honour” and that is especially true out in Llanbadarn. “As High as Honour” referring to the copious amount of weed you all smoke because going anywhere else in Aber is just way too far for you to commit too unless you’ve got a dead husband in the capitol.

Besides, if anywhere was going to be an impregnable mountain fortress, it’s going to Cardiac Hill right?

Penbryn – Flea bottom

Alright… So it’s not a House from Game of Thrones, but there is no other part of Westeros to sum up the catered halls of 22 per flat. You can here the shrill ring of the bell and the chanting of “shame” from your house mates after a one nighter as you try to walk down the corridor to your room unnoticed.

Cercei’s walk of shame has nothing on yours really.

Trefechan – The Nights Watch

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my housing contract is over. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children, as is the life of a student. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die across the bridge.”

Banishing all rights to live a fun life because you’re all thieves, disappointments or bastard borns, the Trefechan Watch (Nights Watch) guard the wall of contact with the North (Penparcau), and all manner of disgusting and threatening beast that live within it.

Penparcau – The Wildlings and White Walkers

You can’t be surprised, really? There’s a reason Penparcau is so far away, just pray the old gods and the new that they never get through to the rest of the realm.

Cwrt Mawr – House Baratheon

Split into two camps, Cwrt Mawr is the embodiment of the House Baratheon. One one half you have those who care as much as the Tyrell’s (Trefloyne) about how delicate they look. The Renly’s of Cwrt Mawr live in the deluxe refurbished blocks, whilst arguing that paying the same as the shitty and un-refurbished blocks is completely fair for them. Just arrogant wankers really?

As for the other half, you’re all Robert’s and Stannis’s, looking haggard in your day to day life while scheming on how best to better yourself, or simply drinking yourself into a state of numb where you can attempt to butcher yourself on a boar… Who wants to be in Aber really anyway? Certainly not you guys.

Penglais Hill – House Frey

The bridge of the narrow lands (AKA joining the north and the South of Westeros – Aberystwyth) is integral to your journey along the Kings road. The houses on and around the hill throw some pretty loose house parties, but when you start to hear the Rains of Castemere it’s most certainly time for you to get out.

Especially if you’re from Rosser, long live the Stark’s.

Bryndewr – The Dothraki

You’re all just a bunch of fucking savages.

The Harbour and Marina – House Tully

The Riverlands are an important realm of the Seven, you all love going to the beach and having a little burning river boat style burial (or just a bonfire at least anyway). In the whole picture of things anyway, no one cares about you and you’re actually happy to be left out of it a little bit sometimes.