Irie’s ask for help to identify man who smashed their window

Have you seen these men?

Caribbean restaurant and rum specialist Irie’s is appealing to Facebook to help identify the man that smashed their window last Tuesday night.

The video shows two men, one of whom was carrying the other as they made their way past Premier and Irie’s down Thespian Street.

Once they get to Irie’s, the more sober of the two appears to try and restrain the other, as he punches through the window.

The man that broke the window was bearded, and wearing a white shirt.

It’s likely that the culprit is badly injured, with a large amount of blood present at the scene.

Irie’s posted on their Facebook page: “If the guys contact us and pay for the window we’ll forget the forget the matter.

“This guy could end up with a criminal record, he could have killed himself, and if he is studying, these things can affect you later in life. I don’t think he’s a bad person, it is a textbook moment of madness.

“It does pose the question should Aberystwyth’s bars allow or encourage their patrons to get into such a mindless state?”

Deb Bryant, a third year English student, says: “It’s absolutely disgusting and I don’t understand it.

“Even if you get horrifically drunk, why break stuff?

“It’s just ruining the town you live in.”