Revealed: The SU is the worst club in Aber

Sorry

In what can be only explained as a neck and neck race, the results are in and it’s official, the SU is the worst club in Aberystwyth.

Going right down to the wire with only Yokos safe from the firing line with 13.98 per cent and 303 of the votes, the crowned champion, or loser really, is the Students’ Union atop Penglais hill.

Racking up 473 votes and 21.83 per cent of the vote it was a case of nail biting and a photo finish.

Second place went to Harleys with 21.46 percent, 465 votes with Angels just one vote behind with 464 votes, 21.41 per cent.

Looking at the Union, it feels more like a secondary school disco than an actual club. Sure, the Union had its glory days with fantastic events such as Stock Exchange and Mad Fridays, but some people thought drinking was a bad idea and closed down the nights that actually drew people in.

Events like Blackhouse or JellyWobble offer slight redemption, but such nights are few and far between and only attract a niche of people who like that kind of music.