How to define the quality of your cashmere scarf?

Cashmere scarf has always been the staple winter accessory for so many years without any questions.The top quality and most expensive sweaters and coats we usually see on store shelves […]

Cashmere scarf has always been the staple winter accessory for so many years without any questions.The top quality and most expensive sweaters and coats we usually see on store shelves in winter are usually made of cashmere. It is said that cashmere scarf is relatively ten times softer and warmer than a regular winter scarf made of sheep’s wool. Ovcio cashmere wrap is a super soft and silky material or fine hair that comes from the cashmere goats, specifically their undercoat. Most of these goats are found usually in the land of china so most of the wool is distributed to other countries directly from china as well.

What makes 100% cashmere scarf so soft and in high demand?
The undercoat of mountain goats comprises of super thin hair with durable and long-lasting insulation properties. The undercoat of cashmere goats is protected by a strong outer layer that keeps it safe from water and being damaged as the undercoat is what is used to produce cashmere. Most cashmere goats will be found in the coldest parts of china or Mongolia as the weather plays a huge role in the production of cashmere. Cold temperatures lead to steady production of high quality soft and fine hair. The insulation property of cashmere scarf will keep you comfortably warm in winter in a quite breathable way.

How is cashmere scarf quality reliable?

The quality of cashmere wrap is generally affected by the length, color, fiber and texture of the material. These factors also play a huge role in the costing and pricing of products made from cashmere. Most of the cashmere products and cashmere scarves, especially cashmere sweaters are 2 times more expensive than regular sweaters made from sheep wool as the fineness of the hair differs.

• Fineness and length of the fibers make a huge difference in the resilience of cashmere scarf. Pure cashmere scarf made with fine and long fibers tend to stay in shape regardless of how many times they have been washed.

• White, gray and brown are natural colors that cashmere is found in. Cashmere wrap in natural color require no dye and also cost less and dyeing cashmere items is a long and careful process.

Are all cashmere scarves in good quality?

There are many tests to prove the quality of natural cashmere scarf. The common ones are:

• The touch test

High quality and natural 100% cashmere scarf will never feel itchy on your skin. It should feel smooth and soft. The look and feel of it makes it high quality cashmere scarf in fact. Cashmere wraps shouldn’t be excessively soft as then the material will wear out fast.

• The stretch test

As mentioned before, natural cashmere is resilient. The shape is always maintained. To test it out by stretching, if the cashmere wrap doesn’t return to shape then it’s simply low quality cashmere & if it does then its natural high quality cashmere.

• The pilling test

High quality cashmere scarf is made of long thin fibers as mentioned before. If the cashmere wrap easily rubs off on your hand then that means it was made of low quality cashmere which has short hair. The item will easily wear off.

Natural cashmere wrap should always be soft and luxurious. It should always keep you warm and be comfortable on the skin and should last very long despite washing it a hundred times. Natural cashmere wrap will always be expensive but also worth it.