8 excellent tips for novice Stansted travellers

Travel is an experience like no other– it liberates you and opens your eyes to the endless possibilities that the world has to offer. But it can be slightly intimidating, […]

Travel is an experience like no other– it liberates you and opens your eyes to the endless possibilities that the world has to offer.

But it can be slightly intimidating, especially when you’re first starting out.

Help is at hand –here are eight excellent tips for novice travellers flying from STN Airport.

1. Know your location

Before you jet off, you should do plenty of research on your chosen destination. The more clued up you are, the easier it will be to adjust. So find outlike what the place is well-known for and what the weather and people are like.

2. Pack lightly

It pays to be prepared when you’re going abroad, but don’t be tempted to pack your entire wardrobe –include only what you need. You can always buy additional items when you arrive and it means you can carry a lighter load. This wikiHow guide for packing light is a useful read.

3. Pace yourself

While it’s good to get your money’s worth, don’t jam-pack your itinerary with activities, but pace yourself instead. This will help to keep your stress levels down so that you can really focus on enjoying and experiencing all your destination has to offer.

4. Be vigilant

Tourists tend to be prime targets for thieves –don’t let this dissuade you from travelling, but be vigilant. Small adjustments such as keeping an eye on the people around you, zipping up your bag and not carrying a lot of valuables will help minimise the risk.

5. Explore

When you first arrive you might feel a bit of a culture shock, but hiding away in your accommodation is not the way to deal with it – get outside and explore. If you’re not sure where to go, simply take a walk around the local area and acclimatize.

6. Travel companions

Travel is better when you’ve got company, but this doesn’t have to mean other people because apps make the perfect companions too. This independent article on 20 of the best travel apps will help you build up your stock.

7. Language basics

You should take the time to learn the basics of the language of your chosen place. Not only will this make communication and getting around easier, but it also creates a more favourable impression of you in the eyes of locals if you can at least say ‘hello’ or ‘thank you’ in their native language.

8. Drive to the airport

Believe it or not, getting to your destination is often the most stressful part of travel. But driving to the airport is a great way to limit this stress as it gives you full control over your route. So find Stanstead Airport parking on Looking4.com and bag yourself a bargain, then look forward to a comfortable and convenient travel experience.

That’s our list! Share your tips for novice travellers in the comments section.