Aberdeen’s most Insta-worthy cafes

Do it for the gram

Let's be real, if it doesn't make for a good Insta story is it really worth eating it at all? We've scouted out some of Aberdeen's most aesthetically pleasing cafes for those cute study breaks with the gals and caffeine refuels.

Bonobo Cafe

Situated on Skene Street, this hot-spot serves up amazing breakfast, sandwiches and mouth-watering cakes. It really covers all your cafe bases and it's also 100 per cent vegan. On top of that it's dog-friendly! Lunch with pooches, is there anything better in life?

Foodstory

Healthy and pretty?? Goals. Serving up locally sourced and ethical dishes for every meal what's not to love? With a cafe on Thistle Street and a new zero-waste cafe on campus it's become a firm fave amongst students.

The Tartan Pig

Your more classic cafe option of the line up but still providing you with delicious grub and drinks. Their bubble waffles are slowly becoming city famous – you can't go wrong with a good toastie and a coffee.

The Long Dog Cafe

View this post on Instagram

We are back open 9am-5pm today with all our usual breakfast and lunch goodies available (also on DELIVEROOOOOO). Don’t forget our FREAKY HOT CHOCOLATES are still available to help warm you up on these cold days ? #longdogcafe #aberdeen . . ? @leesa.eats.world – Heading home to this little sausage! Can’t wait for some time off with her and hopefully a few visits to @longdogcafe for some Freaky Hot Chocolate or a Freak Shake or two! This Reece’s pieces shake was divine, even my mother who isn’t a fan of peanut butter was making sure every scrape was hoovered up! #longdogcafe #aberdeen #sausagedog #miniaturedachshund #freakshake #reecespieces #peanutbutter #chocolate #milkshake #sweettreat #aberdeencafes #eatingoutaberdeen #comfortfood #foodie #foodblog #foodporn #instafood #foodstagram #scottishblogger #foodporndaily #whatieat #leesaeatsworld

A post shared by The Long Dog Cafe (@longdogcafe) on

Known for the stunning freakshakes that are enough to make even the most loyal gym bunny forget about the calorie counting. There's nearly always a cute pupper in here too! They even give out doggy ice cream for an extra cute snap!

Melt

Cheese toasties. A student staple. This place takes it to the next level though. The Telegraph recently named it one of the top 10 grilled cheese shops in Britain. They do some pretty decent looking brownies too.

Books and Beans

Grab a coffee, a book and a seat and you're sorted. This place is a hidden haven for those who love nothing more than getting comfy with a cuppa and a good read. Perhaps a good study spot too, there's internet access and computers plus easy access to textbooks and caffeine.

Now you know where to go there's no excuse for not posting or not having cute coffee dates anymore.