Image may contain: Palace, Castle, Hedge, Fence, Architecture, Building, Mansion, Housing, House, Vegetation, Bush, Vine, Plant

University of Aberdeen is spending £100 million expanding its campus in Qatar

Over 400 students are already studying there

The University of Aberdeen is set to spend £100 million expanding its Middle East campus in Qatar.

The new campus will be based in Al Dayaa, which houses the university’s other campus in Qatar. The 50,000 square metre development will offer courses such as Science, Engineering, Maths, and Law.

Principal Professor George Boyne, described the plans as a “milestone” for the increasingly globalised institution. The announcement transpired less than three weeks after the university had abandoned plans for a campus in South Korea.

The Faleh Group (AFG) for Education and Academic Services, is expected to be making the £100m investment. It was this link between AFG and the University of Aberdeen which led to the launch of the university’s first campus in Qatar's capital. Since it’s launch in 2017, more than 400 students have gone to the campus to study their range of business programmes.

Professor Boyne said: “This truly is a significant moment in our partnership with AFG, and I look forward to continuing our excellent work together as we create a world-class campus that establishes the university as a leader in transnational education. The new campus in Al Daayan builds on the success of the initial phase of our partnership with AFG.

"The next phase of the partnership will open up exciting opportunities to expand our range of degrees to include STEM subjects, medical sciences, law, and politics and international relations."