Aberdeen Set for First Gay Pride

Bust out the rainbows – it’s time for a party!

Following in the rainbow coloured footsteps of Glasgow and Edinburgh, preparations are well and truly underway for Gay Pride to strut its stuff up and down Union Street in the Summer of 2018.

"Gay pride is the name given to the positive stance against discrimination & violence towards lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in a bid to promote their dignity, equal rights, increase their visibility as a social group and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance"

Image may contain: Armor, Pillar, Column

Will Aberdeen be able to top this?

For those unfamiliar as to what the event is and what to expect, the best word to sum it up is happiness. It's a huge celebration, where you don't even have to be part of the LGBT community to take part; all you have to do is be respectful and have fun!

Gay pride is all about embracing sexual diversity and promoting equal rights; whether that be gender, sexuality or marriage. Streets are adorned in the most outrageous fashions, lights, music, flags and smiles. It's an event where nobody is judged, nobody is looked down on; everyone is equal – just like it should be.

There isn't much information to go by as of yet (keep your eyes peeled!) but what we can confidently reveal to you, is that it's going to be fun, fierce and fabulous.