Image may contain: Sport, Skating, Rink, Ice Skating

Aberdeen is the most likely city to have a White Christmas

All I want for Christmas is snow

The odds on Aberdeen having a white Christmas have been reduced by bookies as a result of the freezing temperatures going on in Aberdeen.

Odds of 4/5 for snow on Christmas Day are being offered by Ladbrokes, while Aberdeen particularly is seeing odds of 7/4.

Marco Petagna, a Met Office forecaster, reckons that tonight will be the coldest autumn night of 2017.

Image may contain: Worship, Church, Cathedral, Architecture

Mr Petagna, said: "Tonight we could get down to -7C (19.4F) in the Scottish glens, and possibly even -6C locally across places like Katesbridge in Northern Ireland, and perhaps higher ground of Cumbria, places like Shap in Cumbria."

Mr John Hill of Coral's says that the public seem convinced on Aberdeen seeing snow this year.

Mr Hill said: "We’ve not seen a gamble this early on there being a white Christmas for many years, therefore we’ll be keeping our fingers crossed that temperatures don’t continue falling over the next six weeks otherwise it won’t just be Santa handing out presents this Christmas."

It should be noted that Aberdeen was the favourite city for snow on Christmas Day in 2014, 2015 and 2016 – none of which saw snow.