Image may contain: Court, Worship, Church, Cathedral, Architecture

Everything you need to know about Movember at Aberdeen University

Help to stop men dying too young

It's that time of year again that you will see your crush walking around campus with something growing on their top lip – yep it's Movember.

Last year you did yourselves proud, with the University of Aberdeen taking the crown for being the highest fundraising University in the UK. All you guys and gals who donated to the cause managed to raise an amazing £22,878.

After the success of last year, the AU Movember team is back and is bigger than ever with the new target of £23,000. We can surely beat this.

For anyone who doesn't know, Movember is a foundation that is committed to changing the attitudes towards men's health. They're addressing some of the biggest health issues that face men such as: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health and suicide prevention.

This year's campaign at Aberdeen is in the hands of Student Ambassadors Jamie McAloon (a Movember veteran) and new addition Harry Williams.

AU,The Network is up and running. To join the AU Movember Network as a Team or Individual follow the link…

Posted by University of Aberdeen Movember on Monday, October 23, 2017

The story so far

It's only the 8th day of Movember and the Aberdeen University Movember teams are already on fire.

On day one the AU team had already reached £2,000 and late on the 7th of Movember the Aberdeen University network hit £6,000.

The rugby team are in the top spot currently in the team rankings, having raised £2,913.42

Events

The Movember team have their first event of the season lined up, it's a good ole Bobbin pub quiz and hotdog eating competition.

It's on the 11th of November and starts at 7pm – check out the Facebook event for more information.

The Bobbin are also proudly sponsoring the Movember campaign, and have a special deal that if you signed up to Movember before the 31st of October you can get £2 Carling and Magners pints throughout Movember. The way to a student's heart.

AU Movember and the sports teams have also organised a 'MOVEmber Bootcamp' – participation costs £6 and 50% of the money will go towards the Movember campaign and 50% to your sports teams.

Keep yours eyes on the Movember Facebook page for more events coming up throughout the month.

Image may contain: Trademark, Logo

You can still sign up to be a Mo Bro, and you can obviously keep donating to the cause right up until the end of the month. Check out the website to sign up and donate.

Here's to another year of Aberdeen University students being lovely people and donating to a worthy cause.

#AUMo #StandFree