Vote: What’s the best post-night out food in Aberdeen?

Because let’s be honest, it makes or breaks the night

Every student’s dream, every taxi driver’s nightmare, the post-night out takeaway. But where will it be tonight?

We Aberdonians are blessed with a variety of cuisines, prices and greasiness. Everyone has a favourite though, a place they will be drunkenly drawn to with the questionable aromas of edible promise, even after they swore that last week would be the final time they’d eat their body weight after a night out.

So what is Aberdeen’s favourite takeaway to ‘sober up’ on? Mexican? Chinese? A kebab? You decide.

Half Price Kebab

Although it’s situated pretty far up the summit that is Windmill Brae, it’s worth the climb.

All you need to know is in that oh so classy name, straight to the point. Don’t be too fooled though, if kebabs aren’t your thing they do amazing chips topped with all the dodgy toppings and sauces your drunken cravings could desire.

The table along the wall is also a really good snooze height, in case you need a little dose off while waiting for your polystyrene box of goodness.

Half price, in case you didn’t get that

Uncle Sabino’s 

It might be a little bit of a trek (especially in beer goggles) to find Uncle Sabino’s but the fact that it’s so popular regardless of this proves its amazingness.

According to TripAdvisor the interior is a major downfall but, eh, does drunk you care? No. It’s all about that Mexican goodness. They do nachos, burritos jammed full with pulled steak, tacos, quesadillas, if your mouth isn’t watering right now you must already be eating one of them.

With discounts often available, it’s also oh so student friendly.

You know it

Golden Garden

Go from Mexico to Asia by just crossing Union Street. A Chinese takeaway is an all-time favourite, and that + drunk = perfection.

An admitted downside to this one is that it usually closes at midnight, but if you’re just out for some more casual drinks, or more likely you’re out the game after pres, it’s a saviour.

It’s right across from Institute and Underground, the prices are decent, and who doesn’t love a good order of chicken balls.

Mmmmmm

To-Go

If not for food, this one is a winner for location after a night out in Institute. Right on the corner of Bath Street, you don’t even have to aim your drunken stumbles, you will literally fall straight through the door.

To-Go’s selection cannot be faltered. They have munchie boxes, burgers, kebabs, chips, nuggets, pies, pakora, scampi, furniture, textbooks and a plumbing service. (Disclaimer: those last three are sarcasm)

To quote a loyal, the experience of getting a pizza from To-Go after a night out is nothing short of ‘magical’.

Pizza pout

McDonalds 

How much explanation and selling does this actually need?

Right opposite the taxi rank, it’s pretty much impossible to say you’ll not get one, because it will be staring at you while you wait in the queue. 20 chicken nuggets can seem a bit much during the day right? Well after a night of VKs and embarrassing dancing, you’ll want 40. You can also make use of that free cheeseburger you can get with a student card.

The Aberdeen McDonalds on Union Street is currently closed for epic renovations, but when it re-opens it promises self service screens. What a time to be alive.

I assume this is for one person

So now you’ve pondered over the contenders, and are probably hungry, cast your vote: