The AUSA Presidential Elections: Your candidates

Let’s get involved

Chubbe Anucha

What are your main policies and agenda?

I want to make the learning process for students easier. I want to achieve this by making different learning materials more accessible online as for a lot of us, hearing a lecture once might not have the same effect for someone else. I want to push for better awareness of mental health and sexual health which are quite often treated as a taboo subjects. And I really just want students to actually know who their sabbs are.

Why should people vote for you?

I feel like now is a good time to take AUSA in a new direction. I’ve never been part of before but its time it was no longer seen as a separate body that appears once a year for elections.

If you could only do one thing as president what would it be?

If there was only one thing I could do as president it would be to reform AUSA so students actually feel engaged with the Sabb team.

If you could abuse your power and do one thing?

If I could abuse my power I guess I’d have the university pay for core textbooks on course reading lists. Not the most exciting but it’d be beneficial for so many people.

Sean Press

What are your main policies and agenda?

For me I want to empower students through AUSA, we should be a body for change that help students develop and encourage them to try new things. I don’t feel we do that at the moment. You can see how I plan on encouraging this change on my Manifesto!

If I could do one thing, it would be to employ far more student staff for AUSA so that we can help students in every sense.

For an abuse of presidential power and something ridiculous, I would immediately announce the opening of a new student union, with a bar!

Drew Burgess

What are your main policies and agenda?

My agenda is as follows: Feudalism. All Sabbs will be given noble titles and all societies will be re-formed into Guilds in order to shore up my rule. All of student life will be conformed to the great, Divinely-Appointed Hierarchy of Christendom.

Why should people vote for you?

You should vote for me if you want a students association riddled with cronyism, arrogance and stagnation, and which doesn’t try to pretend otherwise.

Make people do jazz-hands instead of clapping.

Stephen Watt

What are your main policies and agenda?

My policy and agenda is quite simple, to fight for students interests both in the University and Student Association. What that means is we need to speak up about the cuts to our courses and departments, while also focusing on policy that improves the student experience. That is why I will fight for better mental health support across Aberdeen and also encourage improvements to Johnstone that will bring people into the building I.e. Free Pool Tables, Table Tennis & Table Football.

Why should people vote for you?

People should vote for me if they want a candidate who recognises that the current AUSA set up is broken, but who believe that it can be changed for the better and has realistic policies that can be implemented within his year as Student President.

If I’m allowed to do only one thing it would be to get a new building for AUSA. (Complete with Student Union) It would be a lasting legacy and would equip AUSA for whatever challenges lie ahead.

If you could abuse your power and implement one joke policy?

Surely we should model AUSA on the perfect British Constitution and therefore create a second chamber of Student Council, that is populated by bishops and the local aristocracy?