The Bobbin is getting a £350k revamp

Our beloved Bobbin is getting a reboot

aberdeen university bobbin newlook refurbished revamp student

The Bobbin bar is set to become one of the most high-tech places in Aberdeen.

The intimate host of many quiz nights, The Bobbin is a place for society meet ups, after lecture pints, and hotspot for quite a few tinder dates.

And now it’s going to be irresistible and impossible to stay away from after a massive £350,000 upgrade.

Improvements to the favourite haunt are impressive and the new-look Bobbin will open next Friday.

this’ll be brand spanking new come August

Bobbin 2.0 will soon boast super fast wifi, plug sockets and USB ports at every table. Staff will also hand out free phone chargers meaning no more dead batteries.

A fancy new speaker system where you can choose any song using your own phone will surely be a main attraction. Oh technology.

look at how tidy it is

Another notable feature is the ‘grab-and-go bar’ full of snacks, for you to well, grab and go.

Smoothies and Frappe’s will be available too, so you can at least pretend to be staying healthy and pick one up after you’ve sunk four pints.

Five craft beer lines will now be on tap as well as a brand spanking new food menu.

Perhaps the best addition though is the completely free printing, no more paying 2p per page at uni.

wonder where they put all the alcohol

Set to open next Friday, The Bobbin will now be even more popular – and tempting – given how close it is to campus.

There are very few spaces left for their new menu tasting sessions. Starting on the 6th of August – just give them a message on Facebook quickly if you want to be an early bird.

With heat, comfort, food, phone-charge and wifi much faster than Eduroam – The Bobbin will once again be our home away from home.