Aberdeen bouncer found not guilty for death of man outside bar

The second bouncer is still on trial for murder

One of the bouncers involved in a dad’s death outside a popular Aberdeen bar has been found not guilty of the man’s murder.

Adrian Morley had been on trial for the murder of 26-year-old Craig Grant but was acquitted earlier this week.

The 33-year-old told the court he was “numb” to find out Grant had died that night. He said: “Numb. In shock. I was very taken aback. I never thought he would have died.”

The case rocked Aberdeen last summer when Grant died after being restrained by Morley and 23-year-old Jonas Marcius outside Tonik, which has since closed. Marcius is still on trial for killing Grant on August 8th or 9th.

He is alleged to have murdered him by seizing him by the neck, forcing him to the ground, striking him on the head and body, placing him in a neck hold or choke hold and compressing his neck.

Morley is acting as a key witness in Marcius’ murder trial. When asked if at any time Marcius’ arms were around Mr Grant’s neck, Morley answered: “I can’t really say. I would have had to move closer to see exactly what was going on.”

He added: “If I was aware he had him round the neck I would have intervened.”