Fresher locked in club overnight after pub crawl

‘My friends thought I’d gone home with a guy but I was really having a nap in the toilets’

A hammered first year fell asleep in a club’s toilets only to find herself locked in when she woke up. 

Rachel Herron was on a lacrosse pub crawl and passed out after one too many in the club’s ladies in October.

But when she woke up she the club was deserted – and the doors locked.

The Geography student said: “I was on the Duke of Aberdeen pub crawl and at the first pub we had to down a pint of Guiness.

“It was constant boat races, I have no idea how many VKs I had. It was after the bottle of wine I can’t remember a thing – I’ve never had a genuine blackout before. I blame lacrosse ha.

“I don’t remember getting to the club but I vanished at some point. My friends thought I’d pulled and gone home with a guy but really I was in a cubicle having a nap.

“The next thing I knew was waking up to a completely silent building. I remember waking up and thinking maybe no one needs the toilet right now. There was no music on and it was completely black. That’s when I realised that I’d been locked in.

“I went upstairs to unlock the door but failed. In doing so I set of the burglar alarm. My phone was broken so I just accepted I was sleeping there.

“I went to throw up in the toilets and then slept on the sofa.

But the honourable student didn’t even take the opportunity to raid the bar: “I wasn’t thinking about food or drink – I just wanted my bed.

“When I woke up the next morning there was still no sign of anyone. That’s when I remembered the fire exits. I tried them but set the alarm off again – so went back to sleep on the sofa.

“Luckily the manager came at about half 10 and just laughed at me before letting me out. Safe to say I did the true walk of shame that morning.”

The fresher bolted home to find notes under her door from flatmates thinking she was getting lucky: “When I told them they just laughed at me.

“The night felt like a dream the next day. The only reason I knew I’d gone was because I woke up there.”

It’s not stopped the ballsy 18-year-old who still loves the club: “I’m there twice a week, I love it.

“But it was really embarrassing. I’m known as the disaster of my halls – it’s always me.”