What does your checkered shirt say about you?

It’s a body sized hanky, but you’ll keep wearing it

Do you wear the ultimate staple shirt everyday? Aberdeen Uni are mad for the checks.

But who are these people?

The hippie

They don’t want to be seen wearing the shirt as a fashion statement.

It probably from L.O.G.G. at H&M and it probably smells really bad.

But, the fussy pattern means it does hide a whole manner of sins when they go rummaging for food from the local Starbucks bins.

The hippie’s checkered shirt is the most renowed of all

The fancy dress costume

Often found in charity shops, these kind of vintage steals can brighten your fancy dress outfit.

Go as a lumberjack, a dwarf, even a western country folk singer.

Here, a checkered shirt has been used to get a true faux fur feel to a Mr. Fantastic’s dress up.

What does the fox say?

The “man of the people” shirt

No one wants to be mates with the guy who can’t rock a checkered shirt.

But it’s okay, even the most pretentious people can tone down their personality with a shirt like this.

It’s the perfect look for any aspiring politician.

Coupling it with a pop art tshirt you can culture the lesser student with all your knowledge on quirky art.

chat up line possibilities rocket by 100%

The pressured buy

This first year said: “I got this one when I got here. Everyone wears them.”

It’s the kind of shirt you buy in River Island, and you wear it to uni every other day.

The days you aren’t wearing it, it’s spotted in your club photos, because it’s so casual, but the press buttons make it the ultimate shirt to rip off in the heat of the moment.

Everyone’s got one, and if you can’t find it, you’ll ask the shop assistant to find it in the stockroom and they will hate you for it.

Bucking the trend

The practical shirt

If you’re a life sciences student, you wear this when you’re digging and experimenting.

It goes well with all three of your lab coats.

It’s so practical it makes you regret wearing your band tshirt.

Sometimes it has a chest pocket, making sure you always have a pen to record those results.

Jordan rocks that shirt like Geology

The camouflage

The Hollister shirt was designed to stop people from having an excuse not to wear one.

This clashing coloured one is ideal to draw attention to yourself but still looking relatively normal like the rest of us with our shirts.

Gavin’s magenta shirt blends really well with printer ink

The fussy one

One shirt is just not enough.

Lucky you, you have 7.

Deciding which one to wear is easy, match it your shoes.

Paul’s Boutique was so 2012 for you.

Aberdeen students have their priorities right

The ultimate hipster

The clashing plaid shirt is the holy grail of checkered shirts.

If you can’t decide which of your shirts to wear, this one will never let you down.

What’s better, no one will be wearing it, because no one would wear it anyway.

It makes for a really good painter’s shirt