You wanted to see this guy bungee jump… now you can

Of course we filmed it

Ewen aka The Nominee was nominated by Tab readers to attempt the 175ft bungee jump yesterday for RAG week.

After receiving 1451 votes against 7 others, which worked out as 55% of the vote, everyone’s hero rescheduled his weekend plans for you: “I came down from Inverness, I had to rebook my travel, because I couldn’t exactly say I can’t when I’d won by over a 1,000.”

Jenny Waters, President for Charities and Communities said: “There were 20 people signed up to bungee jump before the event had taken place.”

Matthew, Charities and Communities committee member said: “At least 30 people turned out in the end which was brilliant, especially with the weather being so terrible.”

Before leaving home, the 21-year-old’s mum was pretty concerned: “You’ll break your neck, would you do it if you were told to jump off the Kessock Bridge?”

So far, so good, neck still attached

“I’ll be honest, when I got nominated I thought I had no chance of actually getting it, but this morning it really hit me, I don’t actually want to do this.”

The Vice Football Club Captain said: “I’m in fourth year and it’s my last chance to do something like this.

“This will probably be the most extreme thing I ever do.”

Getting strapped in ready for the plunge

Ewen’s flatmates went down to Kings’ Playing Fields to see him jump, with words of encouragement just before the plunge. Bradley said: “That rope looks a bit frayed.”

But Ewen was resilient: “When I was up there, I was like, “Holy Shit this is high”. I actually thought I was going to shit myself.”

Ewen’s iconic upside albatross look was not planned: “The guy on the ledge said: “When you get out, just soar like a bird”, so I did.

Scarecrow/ Jesus/ Bird?

Take 2

“Ed Sheeran would never do this”

“It was not the most enjoyable thing I’ve ever done.

“I am proud of myself for getting off the ledge so quickly, I thought I would bottle it.

“But I think if I ever do something like it again, doing it from 175ft would be redundant I have to go higher.

“I would like to see someone try and organise abseiling down the library, but they probably won’t. Just imagine the shoe prints you’d leave.”

The adrenaline junky isn’t stopping there though: “This summer I’m hoping to go to Vietnam to do the Top Gear challenge and ride motorbikes on mountains, but that’s nothing compared to this bungee jump.”

Such a good sport

Bradley said: “I went down out of pure hilarity.”

His other flatmate Tom added: “I had nothing to do on Thursday so I might as well support him.”

Despite his not so enthusiastic flatmates, Ewen said: “I would recommend it, it is extremely safe even if everyone was telling that I’d get my neck snapped off.”

But after getting 30 per cent more votes than the runner up ‘The Bouncer’ Ewen said: “I couldn’t take him in real life, but I took him in this poll.”

Ewen, newly proclaimed BNOC, said: “It was a coordinated effort by the team, everyone thought it would be hilarious.

“I’m not the pride of Aberdeen, I’m the village idiot.

“But I’d like to take the opportunity to thank my 30 loyal supporters who supported me everyday for a week.”

Very electable Highlander

Ewen’s flatmates asked the question on everybody’s lips: “Are you going to stand in the AUSA elections?”

He said: “I’m not going for student president, if I did things would look very bad.”