Strike: Police bowl over pinheads dressed as skittles

It all kicked off on Bowl-mont Street

Police scored a strike in Aberdeen – after they knocked over a group of Halloween revellers dressed as bowling pins.

The 11 lads, each dressed in a #30 red and white skittle costume, can be seen approaching a police car in the city’s Belmont Street making ghost noises.

Taking the incident in good spirits, the cops slowly drive into the laid out pins, knocking all 11 down and winning a “strike”.

The original video was taken by Steven Scouller, 26, from Portlethen, and has since gone viral.

Steven said: “It was all taken in good spirit. Most of the bars were happy with us going in and wanted us to get involved.

“I was delighted the police realised we were having a laugh and not causing any trouble and went along with it.

“Having a packed Belmont Street applauding us was slightly surreal. And now we just need to work out how to better it next year.”

The Police have since put their own CCTV video of the strike online.

South Aberdeen Area Commander Chief Inspector Graeme Mackie said: “Aberdeen is a vibrant and safe city and we are pleased that revellers enjoyed themselves throughout the weekend in a light-hearted manner.

“It is encouraging to see this interaction between our officers and the public.

“Officers are keen to engage with the community in positive ways and it is no coincidence that interaction like that shown in the video resulted in few arrests and no serious assaults over the weekend.”