Medical lecturer suspended after sending rubber ducks to girl’s home

Lonely doctor treated and then gifted his patient

Pervy doctor and Aberdeen lecturer tried to woo a young woman by sending rubber ducks to her home.

Dr Colin Millar sent the 19-year-old student a gift after first treating her as a patient in April 2011.

He also text her saying “love you, always will” and invited her for walks along the coast

The renal lecturer said he wanted to have an “emotional relationship” with the student.

But she complained to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary about his advances.

They first met in April 2011

Then his plans were foiled after he’d been brought to a Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service hearing.

During the hearing he said he wanted to fill a “social void”.

And he tried to fill that void by sending her the ducks to her home address, which he got from details her parents had provided.

She had told him about a tattoo she wanted that would read “I will never sink”  and so the note he attached to the ducks was “we refuse to sink too”.

Kidney specialist Dr Millar was suspended for three months. Upon his return, he will have another hearing.

In a letter to the General Medical Council through his solicitors, Dr Millar acknowledged: “Through me he does apologise to you for any distress or discomfort that his actions may have caused you.”

Dr Millar is a well-known lecturer for the medical school