Criminal convicted 48 times jailed for six years after raping student

53-year-old placed on Sex Offenders’ Register after brutal attack

An Aberdeen man was banged up for only six years after sexually assaulting a student.

Henry Thomson has also been placed on the Sex Offenders’ Register. He has 48 previous convictions.

The court heard how he lured the 21-year-old back to his girlfriend’s flat before attacking her.

The High Court in Edinburgh was told the victim was up for the weekend for a friend’s birthday.

She decided to leave the night out as she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to “sit down and get my head together”.

The attacker stopped her in the Castlegate area and said his girlfriend lived nearby and that he could help.

She said she was already “quite distressed” by this point.

She said: “He asked if I had any way of getting home, I think. I said I had money for a taxi but I was in too much of a state.”

The convicted felon took the unsuspecting woman into the living room of the flat and referred to her as a “fine bit of stuff”.

He forced an unwelcome kiss on the student which she tried to refuse. The woman said he pushed her legs round and stood himself between her knees.

She said: “I started crying, I was saying no” but the man persisted.

Repeat offender left a sexually assaulted student a “mess”.

Sickeningly, the attacker repeatedly said he “should not be doing it” during the assault.

He later told the court that any sexual contact was consensual but the jury found him guilty of rape.

The judge noted the attack happened when the offender was on early release from a previous sentence.

The victim referred to herself as a “mess” as she pulled on her clothes and left the flat in tears.

She was left “upset” and “disgusted” following the horrific ordeal.

Now her attacker has been placed on the sex offenders’ register.