What you missed in the big marquees

Freshers’ Fayre may have had queues but if you couldn’t wait, you probably missed out on some of the best free stuff

In the cold light of the first “official” Monday back to uni (learning, ew), Freshers’ Fayre may feel like a distant, hazy, alcohol induced fever dream by now.  Believe us, it was real. So very, very real. The memory may fade, but the free shit you accumulated there will clutter up your room for the next decade to come –  here’s a round up of some of the best and worse.

Brought to you by the Physics and Astronomy society.

A free try at being a cardboard astronaut.

Don’t know if you heard but Engineering Soc are sponsored by oil

A desk tidy, so you can find your pens for all those essays and a cuddly teddy so you don’t get homesick

They also had a load of slap-on bracelets with “ExxonMobile” all over them.   The Red Cross brought us emergency pill boxes. If you have a serious case of hayfever this could really be a godsend.

A pill box for emergency pills

Nigerian Society were on hand with mini waters and some carbs for when skiting gets too much.

For all your hangover needs

Prohibition Bar want to make sure you have the best night. A lighter to get that conversation going. A plaster in case you trip en route to passing someone a lighter. A pen, so you can attempt to write their number across your arm. A tea bag and sugar, so you can have a “night cap” with her after you’ve walked her home. And a condom: “No glove, no love”.

They also gave out apples, why not?

Just what every junior journalist needs

History Soc offered you a chance to win a free pitcher. They also had a lucky dip, free things from some of the other stalls. 10/10 for effort.

This would be less weird if they had smiled

Slains Castle definitely had the best free merch. A free tshirt and a “Zippo” style lighter. Shame if you paid £10 yesterday for it.

These were a tenner at the Sports Fayre

Bairds Pharmacy loved to make sure you’re looking after yourself this Freshers’/

Nice work Pharmacy but Nicorette doesn’t taste good

Aberdeen Student Left, making politics less uncool.

Shame it was so unpunny