What can students learn from the tortoise and the cat?

An unlikely interspecies friendship – break through your flatmates hard outer shell.

Did you move to uni with the high hopes of finding that perfect flatmate? The Joey to your Chandler? The Kenan to your Kel? The Jesse to your Heisenberg?? – Nothing builds the timeless bonds of friendship like cooking crystal meth. Oh sweet memories.

But you know, sometimes life can be a bit of a let down, and these magical pair ups just don’t always materialise in the way we’d like them to.

Me and my flatmate solve mysteries together, no biggie.

Maybe you guys didn’t completely hit it off when you first met, or maybe the wear and tear of living together is finally beginning to take it’s toll; and like some sort of old bickering couple you’ve taken to passively aggressively hoovering at 6 am because obviously that’s the best time to hoover, and by NO MEANS are you getting sweet sweet revenge for SOMEBODY “forgetting” to buy milk 3 weeks in a row. Honestly.

But perhaps, in what might be described as the slowest news day of all time, the city of Aberdeen can now turn to a source of inspiration; a beacon of hope and love and cross species understanding; a simple and clear message that will ring forth triumphantly throughout the halls of time, forever more exemplifying what our beating hearts are truly capable of in all their grand design.

Behold – in Peterhead, a tortoise and a cat became friends! No one suspected that the puss and tort would even so much as get along – but they have grown to love each other.

An accurate representation of the alleged friendship between cat and tortoise

So cast aside your petty flatmate quibbles, because if a wild moggy and a hard shelled lizard can be best buds, we certainly can TRY, can’t we?

Go ahead, run back from the tall glass pillar of doom that is the library, run on home to that small sticky flat in Crombie Johnstone. Kick open the door and give your unsuspecting flattie a big ol’ hug!

This is not a day of study, NO, this is a day of friendship. Rejoice, pour yourselves a tall glass of hooch and tell stories of old – for beneath that hard shelled flatmate of yours lies sweet sweet turtle meat.

Fellow students – this is the day of the tortoise and the cat.