Hundreds of students regress to excitable kids at Superteams 2014

We might not be able to walk today, but Superteams was so worth it.

Superteams on Wednesday 7th May was a raging success this year.

48 teams turned up in suitably tight and bright attire to race, batter and wrestle each other to be crowned Superteam of the year.

For a mere £70, your team of mere mortals and one Superman and Superwoman entered a competition that involved more inflatables than sport.

Having said that, the 180 seconds of burpees, sit ups and press-ups was the most exercise we’d done in 2014.

Some teams had been training for months, others had spent hours on their neon make-up. Many were drinking through the pain.

British Bulldogs involved tactical team discussions, and opposing teams sized each other up before the wrestling events.

The day was a huge success, and it only started to rain as most teams were lining up for the slip’n’ slide.

Bosie the Nightline bear also crashed the party to be snapped with the teams as part of Nightline Awareness week. We’ve collaborated with Nightline in the past so head over to their Facebook page for more information on the student-run listening service.

Even Spiderman made an appearance – although the fool revealed his identity.

Every team was having so much fun we looked coked up running about in multi-coloured tights and stripping in the rain to get that extra metre further on the slip and slide – although the rumour that extra points were being awarded for ‘Taps Aff’ turned out to be false at the end of theday.

Prizes were awarded to:

TOP 3 SUPERTEAMS
1. Just Farah Laugh
2. Fight in Tights
3. Sweaty Chuff & oot o’ puff

#1 SUPERMAN
Tropical Squash

#1 SUPERWOMAN
It’s all about the Length

BEST DRESSED
Show Us Your Seamen

BEST TEAM NAME
Athletics Just Farah Laugh & Athletics “Jess Ennis To Win It!”

Our photographer was there all day – like The Tab Aberdeen on Facebook to tag your mates in our Superteams 2014 album!