BREAKING NEWS: The Tab is so funny local comedians are actually mistaking it for their own work

Wray Thomson, known only by those he has on Facebook, has accused The Tab of plagiarism.

The comedian who works the funny bone scene of Aberdeen (which may be why we’ve never heard of him), last night harassed the writer of ‘Aberdeen’s club caricatures and accused her of stealing from him.

He then directed The Tab to his own personal Facebook page where on the 12th February he started an “Aberdeen Club Rundown”, which involved lengthy, generic statuses about the clubbing scene in Aberdeen. When he compared Garage to an actual garage we became more insulted than confused that he believed we would ever actually want to steal his work.

Upon reading he had scored the potential of “bathroom rape” in one establishment it was suggested he kicks up controversy in order to create attention around his work – but we’re pretty sure Katie Price copyrighted that move, should we tell her?

However, Wray refused to believe we had the ability to be imaginative enough to come up with such a clever and untouched topic (after his outburst we have been led to believe that no one has ever reviewed any nightclub before in the history of the UK ever), and instead began to promote The Tab’s own Facebook page by starting an argument – with The Tab Aberdeen receiving over 23,000 views yesterday, someone give the man a medal.

It’s puzzling that he thought any student would seek out the page of a man in his late twenties in order to steal his comments on clubs.

However, Wray, we are keeping you in mind for the future.

Below are the loosely-termed similarities we found between Wray’s work (statuses) and The Tab’s feature:

Priory
Purple Rain is mentioned in both – does the Priory know about this blatant theft?

Institute
The Tab: “You know you’re in Institute (Liquid for us veterans) when…You have to give yourself a mental pep talk before facing the dreaded bouncers.”
Wray: “Previously knows as Liquid in its more popular days, a lot has changed since then. Be wary though, the bouncers are likely to stop you from entering the premises if you are even remotely sober enough to remember what you are about to be subjected to.”

Korova
The Tab: “There is a magnetic energy circulating the room. Mainly because everyone’s facial piercings are creating a man-made current of electricity”
Wray: “Emo/Goth/Bearded/Tattoo’d trendies party the night away sinking drinks from American style red cups.”

Garage:
The Tab: “You’re a first year who knows no better”
Wray: “An abundance of inbetweener teenage students..”

Nox
Wray: “Likelihood of feeling poor and ugly 8/10.”
The Tab: Your words, not ours.