RAG Week brings FUNdraising to Aberdeen!

Aberdeen Uni Rag Week Runs from the 4th of November to the 9th. Find out where, when and what here.

RAG Image

It’s an awful time of year: essay deadlines are looming, it’s dark and cold, and you’ve still got body paint lurking in your hairline from Halloween. Luckily for you, AUSA Charities are putting on a jam-packed week of events to bring us into November with a bang!

From 4th – 10th November we’re holding Aberdeen Uni’s annual Raising and Giving (RAG) Week, which is a full week dedicated to fundraising for local charities. Last year we raised over £3,000 in one week, and this time we’re hoping to smash that!

So, what events have we got on, and how can you get involved?

Monday 4th & Wednesday 6th November: #£1Challenge

We kick of the week with The £1 Challenge: Give a £1 – Change a Life. We’ll have some hard-core Challenge Champions out on campus (imagine trying to bucket in this weather!) and all you need to do is drop £1 in their buckets! Simples.  The difference that we can make is MASSIVE: if only half of Aberdeen students give us some dolla’, we would have over £8,000 to dish out to local charities such as CLAN and Instant Neighbour. Amazing!

Thursday 7th November: #RAGBungee & #RAG@Institute

We’ve got an insane day planned for you. Get involved in ABERDEEN’S FIRST EVER BUNGEE JUMP ON CAMPUS. Run by Extreme Sensations, the 175ft high RAG Bungee will be situated right on King’s Pitches (for the record that higher than the library guys). All you need to do is pay £30 to register on the AUSA website, and then fundraise a minimum of £20. It’s the perfect way to do something crazy for charity, so grow some balls, and get involved.

If that wasn’t enough excitement for one day, in the evening, our lovely sponsors Institute are opening the club just for us! Think of our RAG @ Institute night as a second Skite Wednesday. Wristbands are a total steal at only £3, so grab an Apple VK (or several) and come and help us party in the name of charity!

Friday 8th November: #RAGDoesRockyHorror

This is the perfect opportunity to get freaky. We invite you to come ready for a night of fun, frolics and frivolity as we screen The Rocky Horror Picture Show for one night, and one night only! Rocky Horror is a true audience PARTI….PATION(!) movie, so come and join us in Butchart with your stilettos and fishnets on! Oo-eerr.

Saturday 9th November: #RAGBash

After our Fresher’s Fling in September was totally sold out with over 350 people in attendance, and hundreds of £££’s raised, (we’re not bragging or anything!) we decided to close RAG Week in style by holding another ceilidh! Who doesn’t love a ceilidh?!

For more info on RAG Week, check out the AUSA website and FB page, and follow us on twitter @AUSACharities!

https://www.facebook.com/events/454443788008791/?fref=ts