Bake Sale Binger

An Ode to the Bake Sale

You wouldn’t see these bad boys on GBBO… but  you might at a uni bakesale

You wouldn’t see these bad boys on GBBO… but
you might at a uni bakesale

As Ruby from GBBO demonstrated, students CAN be good in the kitchen. What could be better than getting underpriced baked goods (that you couldn’t be bothered to make yourself) as a little sugar injection between lectures? Someone once told me that your brain needs sugar, and who am I to argue with that beautiful philosophy!?

Oh, and not to mention the fact that you’re helping to raise much needed funds for our clubs and charities… This excludes the time I unwittingly purchased a cupcake to fund a society’s “socials and nights out”…cheeky bastards.

Two words: Timing and Tupperware. Thank me later – preferably with baked goods.

I’m not entirely proud of this… but last year I cut a driving lesson short and sprinted into uni with an empty Tupperware in my bag ready to be filled with goodies before my first lecture of the day. No regrets.

On a separate occasion, I was so keen to get to the bake sale that I stood alone 5 feet from the table for it to start trade at 9am while the bakers in question fussed over their cake stands.

‘Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Take it from a pro.’ – Roy Keane

At the end of the day, it’s a win-win,with gains on both sides (unfortunately the gains are of the weight kind… a small detail I may have left out).

Kate Moss once famously said “nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”… Kate moss is a liar!

It physically pains me that I can’t attend AUWLC’s “Great Uni Bake-Off” in Butchart on Monday November 4th … so have a cupcake (or several) for me kids. Aaaaand, I can guarantee that the money raised will not go towards their “socials and nights out”.

For more info on the Lacrosse Club’s Monday festivities click here: