Ski Club go on Bar crawl

The Ski Club sent us this write-up of their first night out as a club. Read it and weep non-skiers.

A new academic term means many things, new pencil cases, new books but more importantly, societal pub crawls. This year was no exception to the rule, more to the point, this past week. With strong efforts from beerienteerers, curling and biosoc there was one club outstanding in its field, ABDN SNOW.

The 200 crawlers were split into smaller groups headed by current committee as well as some old classics that returned for the occasion. Starting at Korova’s newly vamped Underground Klub (with a K) the teams, clad in their ABDN SNOW t shirts, were drip fed into the back streets of the Granite city, half sent clockwise, and another half anti-clockwise.

The rules were simple, if someone calls avalanche – hit the deck, if someone calls shark attack – get off the floor, if someone calls gangbang – strike a sex position (finding a partner is advisable).

It’s generally agreed that nobody knows what happened after the 6th stop. There was talk of strawpeedoing Siberian wine, concussions, ambulances, defacing RGU property, and urinating on freshers.

Fortunately for us the pubs and clubs of Aberdeen insist on sending a photographer around their establishment to capture these monumental events.

All in all there were smiles all around, minimal visits to A and E, plenty of ripped t shirts and pen everywhere.

ABDN SNOW, pat yourselves on the back, and see you again next year.