10 brilliant benefits of distance learning

More and more universities are moving learning away from seminar rooms and lecture theatres by offering online distance learning courses. These courses can be better than the campus-based alternative for […]

More and more universities are moving learning away from seminar rooms and lecture theatres by offering online distance learning courses.

These courses can be better than the campus-based alternative for a number of reasons –
here are 10 brilliant benefits of choosing a distance learning qualification.

1. Flexibility

There’s no timetable, so you can fit your studies around other commitments such as work and social activities, instead of the other way around, like a campus course requires.

2. Accessibility

You have access to a much wider range of learning institutions than you do when choosing a campus-based course because,in most cases, you don’t need to attend campus in person. This could also mean greater course choice – advice sites such as wikHow are a good place to find tipson choosing a distance course.

3. Interactive

With all of your learning based online, you’ll find that you have to interact more closely with course materials. Also, away from a classroom full of peers, you’ll feel more confident in asking questions and utilising your tutors’ expertise, and thus, learn a lot more than you would on campus.

4. Tech books

While you might still need a textbook or two, most of your learning be done using fun and interactive technology – pretty cool right?

5. Affordability

Uni courses already cost an arm and leg, then there’s additional costs such as accommodation and commuting to campus to consider. Remote learners don’t have to worry about these add-ons,plus, it’s easier to hold down a job on a flexible distance course – you’ll be way better off financially!

6. Control

On a distance learning course, you have complete control over your work schedule, so you can work at the pace that’s best for you – not your tutors. This can be scary at first, but you’ll find great distance study tips from online study specialists like eLearning Industry.

7. Home study

By the time you reach uni level of study, you’ll be totally fed up of sitting in the classrooms and listening to tutors droning on. By enrolling on an online course, you’ll be able to work from the comfort of your home or anywhere else you desire.

8. Networking

You’ll have access to a large global network of diverse individuals who can you can connect with during your studies and beyond, as your careers progresses.

9. Study on the move

Your course will be tailor-made to be accessed via your phone,so you can cram in some study wherever you are – on the bus, in a shop queue, or at the gym.

10. Freedom

With online learning, you have the freedom to do pretty much whatever you want with your life, when you want to. You can go travelling, relocate or change jobs and continue studying at the same place with minimal disruption.

If you think a remote education sounds perfect for you, check out an online educator such as Anglia Ruskin Distance Learning and see which subjects spark your interest.

That’s our list! Share your thoughts on the benefits of distance learning in the comments section.