£3 million houses and marrying best friends: Inside the love lives of the Happy Valley cast

Sarah Lancashire and her husband are extremely cute

Our collective obsession with Happy Valley runs deep. So deep that I need to know, with every fibre of my being, every single thing about the personal lives of the cast. I never thought I’d see the day when I can’t stop thinking about Sarah Lancashire and her £3 million home in South West London but here we are. Sadly the show is over but the cast exists in real life (!) obviously, so let’s take a deep dive into their love lives.

James Norton – Tommy Lee Royce

via BBC

James has played Tommy Lee Royce since 2014 and has become one of telly’s most evil villains. However off-screen, he’s coupled up with Hollywood actress Imogen Poots. The couple are verrrry private about their relationship and are only pictured together on rare occasions.

James and Imogen met in 2017 whilst acting together in the West End. Neither of them posts a lot on Instagram, and back in 2020 Imogen told the Evening Standard: “I’m not a fan of social media because I’m seeing what it’s doing to the generation below me and it’s really sad with mental health.”

Despite not being publicly open about their relationship online, they did confirm their engagement last year. They both live together in North East London and haven’t yet confirmed any details about when their wedding might be.

Prior to dating Imogen, James was in a relationship with actress Jessie Buckley who he met on the set of War & Peace in 2015 before they broke up in 2017.

Sarah Lancashire – Catherine Cawood

via BBC

Sarah Lancashire has been married to her husband Peter Salmon for 21 years and he’s also famous. Recently at the NTAs, she paid tribute to him in an extremely wholesome speech while accepting an award for Happy Valley.

According to MailOnline, Sarah lives in a £3 million five-bedroom house in South West London with her TV producer and executive husband, Peter Salmon. They met when she starred on Coronation Street as Raquel Watts and he was a producer for the show.

Prior to meeting her current husband, Sarah was married to music lecturer Gary Hargreaves. They had two sons together before getting divorced in 1995. Sarah and Peter also have one son together, Joseph who was born in 2003. Sarah is also step-mum to Peter’s three sons from a previous marriage.

Siobhan Finneran – Clare Cawood

via BBC

In the show Clare has had a fair bit of bad luck in love until she met the resident Hebden Bridge heartthrob – aka Neil. When it comes to the real world though, Siobhan was previously married to an actor from Emmerdale and Heartbeat, Mark Jordon – they met in the 1990s. They had two children together after marrying in 1997 however they divorced in 2014 and Mark later went on to remarry and have two more children.

Susan Lynch – Alison Garrs

via BBC

In season three, Susan’s character has just been released from prison but stays in the background as a mechanic and often helps Catherine out. In 2019, Susan divorced her famous husband, Line of Duty actor Craig Parkinson. They were married for 12 years and it was said they both grew apart over time. The couple have one son together and Craig’s dad confirmed the split to the MailOnline back in 2020.

Con O’Neill – Neil Ackroyd

via BBC

In an interview back in 2018, Con admitted he is attracted to “slightly broken people who have a desire to get fixed.” Apart from that, there is nothing on the internet about this man’s love life which I kind of love.

George Costigan – Nev Gallagher

via BBC

George, who plays Nev in Happy Valley, is married to Julia North. They have three sons together and even wrote an episode of Birds of a Feather together too.

Charlie Murphy – Ann Gallagher

via BBC

Charlie is in a long-term relationship with British director Sam Yates, who has an extensive list of stage and TV work to his name. During the pandemic, the couple reportedly bought a house together in London and Charlie will often post photos of the pair together online.

Karl Davies – Daniel Cawood

via BBC

Karl is married to his long-term partner and best friend Amy Blackburn, a photographer from Shoreham by Brighton. The pair got engaged in January 2018 and were married the following year. Like a lot of the cast, Karl keeps his love life and personal life offline.