The Traitors dry run

A guy on TikTok was on BBC’s trial run of The Traitors and here’s how the show’s changed

‘We had more drama on our dry run than the actual show’

Ryan Taylor, a TikTok creator, has shared a video saying that he was on the ‘dry run’ of The Traitors for BBC – basically a pilot run of the show so that the channel can see what works and what doesn’t. Ryan doesn’t mince his words, going as far to say that BBC have ‘wasted people’s license fee’ money ruining the show, compared to how good it was when he was on it. Here’s everything he’s said about what it was like being on the dry run of The Traitors.

‘BBC One wasted our money’

@ryancbtaylor

Someone’s gonna say it yes I meant license fee not tax payers money but it’s essentially a form of tax🙄🤣 BBC just suck at reality tv💀 #bbcone #thetraitors #realitytv #realitytvclips #behindthescene

♬ Ni**as In Paris – JAY Z & Kanye West

On his TikTok, Ryan Taylor explains what it was like to go on The Traitors before it became what we know it as today. “BBC wasted our money on this reality show. In April I filmed the dry run for BBC’s new reality show The Traitors. The show had the potential to be unreal, like shit on Love Island level, and it’s actually really shit.

“Anyone that doesn’t know what a dry run is, it’s like a practice rehearsal of the show. They typically get people who’ve been on reality TV before. They use it when they’re filming in a location they’ve never filmed in before so they can get the right camera angles, lighting, interview style.

“I do most of BBC’s pilots and dry runs because you get paid more than you actually get to go on the show, you meet sound people and nothing you can do is going to follow you because it’s not actually going on TV.

“This is the first one that I’ve done where I thought I actually want to go on that show after because it has the potential to be amazing. However, the cast are just dead. We had more drama on our dry run that isn’t airing on TV than the actual show. We had fights, tears, people cheating on boyfriends. And then I watched it and it’s the most boring version that the show could’ve been.”

For all the latest The Traitors drama, tweets, gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.