you make me un poco loco

Okay, where does the ‘you make me un poco loco’ TikTok sound actually come from?

¡Ay, mi amor!

Your situationship not being obsessed with you, forgetting your Netflix password, nobody else wanting to order another round of drinks when you’re ready for one— there’s a lot in the world to be annoyed about. And the latest viral TikTok sound “You make me un poco loco” is letting everyone vent out all of the problems that are making them unhinged.

Yup. Parents who say dinner’s ready when it’s not, people who say “never mind” instead of repeating themselves when you can’t hear, anyone who leaves messages on read— literally nobody is safe from the poco loco wrath. So, here’s where the sound actually came from:

Where did the ‘you make me un poco loco’ TikTok sound come from?

“You make me un poco loco” is actually a line from the song Un Poco Loco, written by Anthony Gonzales and Gael García Bernal for the 2017 Disney film Coco.

In the film, Un Poco Loco is sung by two of the lead characters Miguel and Hector during a music contest in the Land of the Dead. The lyrics are about a woman who is driving a man crazy, written by Hector for his love Imelda, because of all of the nonsense she replies when he asks her questions about life.

The song went viral on TikTok when the account @bestspedup increased the tempo of Un Poco Loco to a hectic level and shared a translation of the lyrics from Spotify and now it has over 400k posts on the app, which is why you can’t escape.

What do the ‘you make me un poco loco’ lyrics mean?

“Un poco loco” means “a little crazy” in Spanish and in the song a man complains to a woman about all of the random things she says that make him annoyed, eg: “Were should I put my shoes? You tell me ‘put them on your head'”. Logic.

Later in the lyrics, the singer also says “un poquitito loco” which means “a tiny bit crazy” and “ay mi amor” which is just an exasperated “oh, my love”.

Here are some of the best videos using the iconic ‘Oh Lord’ TikTok sound:

One of the top liked videos using this sound is Willow Avalon joking (we hope) about not being able to pay her rent because she keeps buying clothes for her pet possum. Niche:

And most of the others are people complaining about who they’re dating. The standard procedure:

@brentrivera

I’m was just asking… 🙄

♬ original sound – bestspedup

@_adammcg

you make me UN POCO LOCO #foryou #fyp #adammcg ig:_adammcg

♬ original sound – bestspedup