Love Actually red flags

All the bright red alarm-bell ringing flags the characters in Love Actually have

There is no forgiveness for making Emma Thompson cry

Everyone has a favourite character from Love Actually and considering how many characters there are, it’s no easy decision. It’s been almost 20 years since the film was first released and while many of us reflect on just how good it is, many people have been reflecting on just how many red flags the characters have. It can be agreed that Mark was the worst character with the most amount of shiny red flags possible, however a lot of the other characters had their flaws. Here are all the major red flags they Love Actually characters all have:

Juliet

Love Actually red flags

via Universal

She literally kissed her husband’s best friend. In the grand scheme of things, it’s Mark who is the worst out of both of them but the point still stands that she cheated on her husband! They were married for only a week. Bad vibes and that awful hat is another red flag if I’ve ever seen one.

Harry

via Universal

Harry is just pure evil for cheating on Karen and getting her a Joni Mitchell CD for Christmas. There’s absolutely no love there and the fact they have two kids just makes it even worse. We’ve got to thank the store clerk for dragging out the gift wrapping in the hopes Karen would see what her husband was up to. A king!

Mark

Love Actually red flags

via Universal

Some people may try and defend Mark’s cue card scene but there is nothing about Mark’s affection for Juliet that is okay. He is literal best friends with her husband and was his best man yet held a flame for his wife. No one can ever say his card scene was cute, absolutely no one.

Joanna

Love Actually red flags

via Universal

Poor Sam’s heart broke a little when Joanna didn’t just want him for Christmas. Maybe that’s more of a red flag for him but Thomas Brodie-Sangster can do no wrong.

Jamie’s girlfriend

Imagine cheating on Colin Firth. Evil! Let’s not forget she uttered the words: “bad boy”. Ick.

Karl

via Universal

Karl was Sarah’s sexy co-worker who we all desperately hoped would get together by the end of the film. The second time round when Karl and Sarah were attempting to have a go at things and she had to go and see her brother, Karl had a bit of a tantrum. He’s not the kind of man you want!

Mia

via Universal

Mia knew all along that Harry was married yet managed to get a Christmas gift out of him and cheat on his wife. Bad vibes. Even if she did direct the prime minister to Natalie’s house, she will never redeem herself.

The US President

via Universal

He was just straight up gross to Natalie when the the prime minister went out of the room.