Gemma and Luca

Gemma reportedly dumped Luca after ‘make or break’ holiday to Dubai

Apparently they’d been having problems for weeks

Love Island’s Gemma Owen reportedly dumped her boyfriend Luca Bish after they went on holiday together and “nothing changed”, according to OK Magazine. Luca and Gemma were in a relationship for three months before it all came to an end last night, and they both made separate statements on their Instagram pages.

In an Instagram story, Gemma addressed her followers and wrote: “I wanted to let you know that Luca and I are no longer in a relationship. It wasn’t an easy decision but ultimately this is what is best for us both right now. Many of you have been on this journey with us from the very beginning, and I want to thank you for your continued support as we start new chapters.”

A source told OK! their relationship ended after “things didn’t change” following their holiday in Dubai. They said: “It was Gemma who ended things. Things had been rocky for weeks and the split didn’t come as a shock. it had been going on for weeks and they had brushed over things and then they went to Dubai and nothing really changed so things came to an end. On the outside after a couple of months it didn’t work out.”

Fans began to assume the couple were going through a rough patch after Gemma posted Luca considerably less on her Instagram and he began attending award shows without her. Luca shortly followed up with his own statement, saying he’d have “liked some time to process this privately”, after he had turned his phone on “after an emotional afternoon”.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.