tinder uni

So, this is how you can find the people you fancy on the new Tinder Uni feature

Thank us later x

Dating at uni doesn’t come without its ups and downs. You’re either frantically trying to find out the last name of a guy you got off with in the club, making desperate attempts to get your flatmate to see you as *more* than just a convenient shag, or completely loved up in a long-term relationship. 

According to Tinder, though, 62 per cent of coupled-up grads are still with someone they met at uni – and naturally, unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that dating apps are the best place to meet people. 

With that in mind, Tinder has now introduced Tinder Uni – a feature where you can narrow all potential connections right down to your campus. The in-app mode allows you to swipe left and right on people who also go to your uni. But, how exactly do you set it up?

The process is slightly different from just setting up an account in the main app. Obviously, you’ll already need a Tinder account – so if you don’t have one, you can set up a profile with your email or phone number.

Then, once you’re in, tap edit profile to add your education. When you’ve typed in your uni, you’ll automatically have the option to “apply for Tinder Uni”.

You’ll need to enter this and have your student email at the ready. Don’t make the mistake of adding your personal email, by the way – if it doesn’t end in “ac.uk”, it’ll get declined. Once you’ve successfully typed in your email, you’re pretty much there! Your uni colours will appear on your profile, and other Tinder members will know exactly where you study.

How to start an absolutely banging Tinder conversation

Laura Wilkinson-Rea, the Senior Director of Comms at Tinder, said: “2022 is a record year for students going to university (425.8K to be precise) and with nearly three quarters of 18-25 year olds saying that they’re ready to mingle, it makes Tinder Uni the must-have partner this semester.”

Thank us later if you end up meeting the love of your life, huns.