George Married at First Sight UK reunion

George has been ‘ruled out’ of the Married at First Sight UK reunion by Channel 4

The rest of the cast will reunite on Monday and Tuesday next week

Channel 4 has confirmed that George Roberts will not be present for the Married at First Sight UK reunion episodes due to air on Monday and Tuesday next week, with him being “ruled out” following his arrest last week.

George and his partner on the show April Banbury committed to each other at the final this week, but April will be attending the reunion alone. This follows the news of George’s arrest last week, after three of his exes alleged he was an “emotional abuser”. George denies all the charges, and says he would never emotionally abuse because he is “the father of daughters”.

Met police confirmed previously George was arrested saying: “A 40-year-old man was arrested by Met officers in Worcestershire on Thursday, 29 September on suspicion of controlling and coercive behaviour. He was taken to a Worcestershire police station and subsequently bailed to return pending further enquiries. This follows an allegation of controlling and coercive behaviour and harassment reported to the Met on Monday, 26 September.”

Following the arrest of George and before the Married at First Sight UK reunion airs, the E4 show issued their own statement, saying: “We work incredibly closely with our production partners to ensure all Married at First Sight UK contributors are subject to rigorous background and psychological checks, including the most detailed police checks a production is able to undertake. Any allegations of this nature are taken very seriously by Channel 4.”

For all the latest reality TV news from the Married at First Sight UK reunion and beyond and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.