All the Mike Flanagan shows and films you can and need to watch on Netflix in spooky season

Don’t talk to me, I’m busy watching all of these

It’s that time of year again, and the king of Halloween and spooky season on Netflix is Mike Flanagan. He’s behind some of the biggest shows and films that we inevitably end up rewatching every year, and he always comes through with some new horror releases, too.

So, if you’re in need of some horror in your life right now, Mike Flanagan is the man you should be looking at. Here’s a rundown of all the Mike Flanagan shows and films you can watch on Netflix, right now.

The Fall of the House of Usher

via Netflix

The latest in Mike Flanagan’s Netflix domination is The Fall of the House of Usher. The eight episode series is based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. It follows ruthless siblings Roderick and Madeline Usher, who have built Fortunato Pharmaceuticals into an empire of wealth, privilege and power. But past secrets come to light when the heirs to the Usher dynasty start dying at the hands of a mysterious woman from their youth.

The Midnight Club

Shows and films by Mike Flanagan Netflix

via Netflix

Mike Flanagan’s last Netflix series was The Midnight Club. This is an adaptation of the Christopher Pike book of the same name and follows Ilonka, an ambitious high school senior who takes up residence at the Brightcliffe Hospice after she’s diagnosed with terminal cancer. Eight patients at the hospice meet up at midnight to tell sinister stories. PSA: The first episode contains so many jumpscares, it’s broken a world record.

Midnight Mass

via Netflix

Midnight Mass was released in 2021 and is about Riley Flynn, a man haunted by a drunk driving accident. It sees him return to his hometown on Crockett Island, where he struggles to find a purpose in life. The isolated island community experiences miraculous events – and frightening omens – following the arrival of a charismatic, mysterious young priest.

The Haunting of Hill House

via Netflix

The Haunting of Hill House is a series, based on the 1959 gothic horror novel by Shirley Jackson. Flashing between past and present, it follows a fractured family as they confront haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.

The Haunting of Bly Manor

via Netflix

The second in the anthology, following from Hill House, sees Victoria Pedretti return – this time to work as an au pair in the creepy British manor house called Bly Manor. The two kids are strange and eerie, and there are ghosts everywhere, pretty much.

Gerald’s Game

via Netflix

Gerald’s Game was released in 2017. It’s all about a woman who accidentally kills her husband during a kinky game, which leaves her handcuffed to her bed with no hope of rescue. She begins hearing voices and seeing strange visions and it gets very messed up, very quickly.

Hush

via Netflix

Hush is another horror film on Netflix, by Mike Flanagan. It’s all about a deaf writer who lives in a creepy cabin in the woods. Nothing good ever comes from a cabin in the woods, does it? A masked killer appears at her window, and of course, she can’t hear where he goes.

Ouija: Origin of Evil

via Netflix

Ouija: Origin of Evil is a horror film, about a widow and her two daughters who use an Ouija board to help people move on with life. They interact with a spirit but are unaware it has possessed Doris, the youngest daughter. This film features Henry Thomas, who has featured in seven titles created by Mike Flanagan which appear on Netflix, including both Haunting series, Gerald’s Game, Midnight Mass and The Midnight Club.

Doctor Sleep

via Netflix

Doctor Sleep is a Stephen King novel adaptation and Flanagan’s 2019 sequel to the classic horror film, The Shining. The synopsis reads: “Struggling with alcoholism, Dan Torrance remains traumatised by the sinister events that occurred at the Overlook Hotel when he was a child. His hope for a peaceful existence soon becomes shattered when he meets Abra, a teen who shares his extrasensory gift of the ‘shine.’ Together, they form an unlikely alliance to battle the True Knot, a cult whose members try to feed off the shine of innocents to become immortal.”

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.