The Midnight Club cast

Meet the cast of The Midnight Club, Mike Flanagan’s latest horrifying Netflix thriller

So many Mike Flanagan icons!!

Netflix is at its peak during this time of year, the latest release is Mike Flanagan’s newest series The Midnight Club and the cast is pure gold. After giving us The Haunting of Hill House, Bly Manor and Midnight Mass, Mike Flanagan’s The Midnight Club follows a group of eight hospice patients who meet at midnight every night to exchange scary stories.

The terminally ill teenagers in this 10-part live at Brightcliffe Manor and it’s set in the 90s. Death is pretty much right around the corner for the teens but they soon work out there is something much more sinister going on inside their hospice home. Here’s a rundown of the iconic cast from Netflix’s The Midnight Club.

Ilonka is played by Iman Benson

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

The Midnight Club focuses on Ilonka, played by Iman Benson. Ilonka is a cancer patient who recently arrived at Brightcliffe. She’s quickly welcomed into the group of storytellers which is made up from a handful of other patients. Prior to The Midnight Club, Benson has appeared in several other shows like Uncle Buck where she played Tia Russel and she even had a guest role in Suits which is pretty huge.

Kevin is played by Igby Rigney

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

If you’re a Mike Flanagan fan then chances are you recognise Igby Rigney from Midnight Mass, where he played Warren Flynn. As well as this he also portrayed Young Jesse in Fast & Furious 9. Igby has also been set to work with Mike again in his upcoming horror miniseries, The Fall of the House of Usher.

Kevin’s official description says he’s “a boy-next-door type with a charming smile” and an “old soul.” But of course this is Mike Flanagan, so it’s safe to say Kevin has layers underneath all of this. He is the first person Ilonka meets at Brightcliffe.

Anya is played by Ruth Codd

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Anya is the rebel in the group, she’s an Irish immigrant with a lower-leg amputee and she has been through a lot. She’s way more vulnerable than she lets off but equally she’s been described as fiery too.

The Midnight Club is Ruth’s first major role in a TV show. Like Igby, she’s also set to have a role in The Fall of the House of Usher which is another creation by Mike Flanagan.

Spencer is played by William Chris Sumpter

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Spencer is a young man with HIV in the 90s, he faces stigma every single day because of his infection but this doesn’t stop or slow the love he has for his friends.

William Chris Sumpter has made a few appearances on TV and in movies however The Midnight Club is his first major one which is very exciting. He has been on Broadway before though with his first role being in Matilda.

Natsuki is portrayed by Aya Furukawa

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Natsuki has been described as someone who feels things deeply. I mean, she’s in a hospice so it won’t shock you to learn than she’s had her fair share of tragedies in her life.

Natsuki is another patient in The Midnight Club and the actress playing her, Aya Furukawa, played the Japanese school girl in The Cabin in the Woods. Like a few of her other co-stars, Aya will be in The Fall of the House of Usher too! Iconic.

Sandra is played by Annarah Cymone

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Sandra is shy and verrrryyy anxious but she also wants to be understood – this is something you’ll realise once you watch her on the show.

Annarah was in Mike’s previous show, Midnight Mass where she played Leeza. Her character was very important to the storyline as she was wheelchair bound and then suddenly able to walk after a miracle happened.

Amesh is played by Sauriyan Sapkota

via Netflix

Amesh is wholesome and verrrry kind. He’s also a big gamer which you’ll learn when he talks about all the consoles he wants to play before he dies. The Midnight Club is Sauriyan’s first major role in a TV show. He is also set to appear in The Fall of the House of Usher so this won’t be the last time we see him in a series by Mike.

Cheri is played by Adia

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Cheri is actually quite a funny character even if she doesn’t intend to be. She brings a bit of relief to the show when it all gets a bit intense. This is Adia’s first role which is super exciting!!

Zach Gilford as Mark

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Okay so Mark is the first of the non-patient characters. He is a nurse practitioner at Brightcliffe and he acts as a guide to the residents and takes care of their treatments. Zach Gilford was also in Midnight Mass and will be involved in The Fall of the House of Usher too.

Heather Langenkamp as Doctor Georgina Stanton

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Have you ever met a nice Doctor in a Netflix thriller? I’m going to say: no. She’s hiding something dark which is pretty obvious from the get-go. She founded Brightcliffe after her son died due to a long-term illness. Heather Langenkamp is a bit of an icon given her performance in Nightmare on Elm Street.

Samantha Sloyan as Shasta

The Midnight Club cast Netflix

via Netflix

Shasta is a neighbour of Brightcliffe – she wonders the woods and makes her own products created from local ingredients. She loves nature, magic and the outdoors – she takes an interest in Ilonka pretty quickly.

She is played by Samantha Sloyan who you will recognise as Bev from Midnight Mass and Grey’s Anatomy.

The Midnight Club is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.