The Try Guys have said they are working to remove Ned from new videos and merch

Apparently they signed approval to remove Ned from the group in mid September…yikes

The Try Guys group shared a video last night addressing its recent decision to cut ties with ex-member Ned Fulmer, after he admitted to engaging in a “consensual” workplace affair and was the subject of an internal investigation.

Remaining members, Zach Cornfield, Keith Habersberger and Eugene Lee Yang appear in the video titled “What Happened.,” and give a detailed explanation of the timeline of Ned’s exit from the company and how they will continue going forward. Zach, Keith and Eugene revealed the group had been working on editing upcoming content to remove Ned entirely and they also stated an investigation was immediately launched regarding his behaviour.

Zach says: “We immediately removed Ned from work activities and engaged a HR professional to conduct a thorough review of the facts. We also opted to remove Ned from our releases, pending results of that review. That has included removing his section from videos, digitally removing him from others and choosing not to feature him in our merch throws. Honestly, I want to give major props to our editing staff for how deftly they’ve handled that.”

The remaining three also revealed they signed approval to remove Ned as a manager and employee of the company on September 16. Keith says the group didn’t rush to make the announcement because “there are real people that have been affected” and “there’s a family at the centre” of everything.

Eugene also says the group realised a public statement was necessary because of the speculation online. He says: “We are obviously incredibly shocked and deeply hurt by all of this. This is someone who we built a brand and a company with for eight years. We feel saddened, not just personally, but on behalf of our staff and our fans who believed in us.”

One clip of the video which has been circulated online where Zach talks about losing a friend in all of this. He says: “I don’t know that we’ll ever ben able to fully articulate the pain we feel at this moment. It’s hard to rewatch old videos that we love and we’re proud of. We’re losing a friend.”

You can watch the full Try Guys video here: