Ferne McCann contacted police over voice recording

Ferne McCann has contacted the police over the leaked voice recording drama

Ferne is said to be ‘devastated’

Ferne McCann has contacted the police following the leaked voice note recording of her allegedly ‘fat shaming’ Sam Faiers. Last week a voice note surfaced on social media of a person, alleged to be Ferne McCann, calling Sam Faiers a “fat c***”. The voice note is not confirmed to be Ferne and now the former TOWIE star has been in contact with the police to investigate the leaked voice recordings.

The recordings came from an anonymous Instagram account which has since been deleted. In one of the recordings, reportedly after the time Sam gave birth to her third child, the person said: “Sam Faiers is a fat c***. Her thighs are so big and I looked really skinny today.” Another voice recording was shared onto the Instagram page and the person calls someone a “narcissistic b****”.

The person in the recording continued to say: “It’s just so sh** on people that have worked hard, because she’s got a big following. It’s just ridiculous, it’s out of order.” It has not been confirmed who is speaking in the recordings and if the person being spoken about is Sam Faiers.

An inside source told The Sun that Ferne was visited by the police after “her life turned upside down” by the Instagram account. The source said: “Ferne was visited by the police on Thursday night after having her life turned upside down by a fake account that has launched a malicious smear campaign against her.

“Officers spent a few hours with her and gave reassurances that they are prioritising this case, tracking the parties responsible. Having taken statements, the police are currently in the process of tracking the fake account’s whereabouts.”

A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “We are investigating a report of malicious communication which was made to us in Brentwood on Thursday, September 29. We have spoken to the victim, a woman aged in her 30s, and our enquiries are ongoing.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.