Here’s where you recognise the Hollywood A-List cast of Netflix’s Blonde from

Ana de Armas can truly pull off any role

Netflix’s latest film is an adaptation of the book Blonde, the biographical fiction novel by Joyce Carol Oates. Netflix’s latest psychological drama looks at the rise to fame of Marilyn Monroe, and her ultimate demise. The cast is full of a load of familiar Hollywood stars who go back 70 years to tell the story of one of the most famous actresses in the world. Ana de Armas takes on the role of Norma Jeane Mortenson, more widely known as the glamorous Marilyn Monroe. Alongside her are a ton of talented actors, but what else have they all been in? Here is where you recognise the cast of the new Netflix film Blonde from:

Ana de Armas – Norma Jeane/Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe is played by Cuban-Spanish actress Ana de Armas. In the film, Monroe wants to be taken seriously in her acting career and wants to fall in love, but instead she is taken advantage of, all while she becomes the biggest movie star in the world. Ana’s big break was in 2017 for her role in Blade Runner 2049 as Joi. Since then she has gone on to star along some of the greats including Daniel Craig in Knives Out and No Time to Die, as well Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling in Netflix’s The Gray Man.

Adrien Brody – The Playwright/Arthur Miller

Adrien Brody’s character is loosely based American playwright Arthur Miller, who is well known for his plays The Crucible and Death of a Salesman. Arthur Miller and Marilyn Monroe were married for five years from 1956 to 1961 and the movies follows the story of Monroe’s tragic miscarriage which destroyed their relationship. Adrien Brody is a very well known American actor who has starred in likes of The Grand Budapest Hotel and King Kong. His most recent project was in See How They Run alongside Saoirse Ronan and Sam Rockwell.

Adrien made Oscar history in 2003 as he became the youngest best actor for his role as Wladyslaw Szpliman in The Pianist.

Bobby Cannavale – The Ex-Athlete/Joe DiMaggio

via Netflix

Marilyn Monroe’s second marriage was to the former American baseball player, Joe DiMaggio. Bobby Cannavale takes on the role of the fictionalised version of DiMaggio and in the movie it is his jealousy and abusive behaviour that leads to their separation. Bobby Cannavale is another actor who is no stranger to the screen as he has starred in multiple TV shows and movies. Fans may recognise Cannavale for his roles in Annie, The Irishman and Nine Perfect Strangers.

Bobby Cannavale is also set to star in the new series The Watcher, arriving to Netflix in October 2022.

Julianne Nicholson – Gladys

Gladys is Marilyn Monroe’s mother, who was a former actress and she often told her daughter stories about her famous father. Julianne Nicholson takes on the role of Gladys and fans may recognise her from Mare of Easttown as Lori Ross which sees her act alongside Kate Winslet and Evan Peters. In Blonde, Nicholson reunites with her co-stars Adrien Brody and Bobby Cannavale as she starred alongside them separately in Winning Time and Boardwalk Empire.

Julianne Nicholson’s latest project has been alongside Daniel Radcliffe in Weird: The Al Yankovic Story.

Xavier Samuel – Charles Chaplin Jr

Xavier Samuel stars in Blonde as the son of the famous English comic actor Charlie Chaplin. Marilyn Monroe lived with Cass Chaplin while she was on the cusp of fame all while he was desperate to separate himself from his famous father. Movie buffs will recognise Xavier from his role as Scotty Moore in Elvis as well as Riley in Twilight Eclipse.

Evan Williams – Eddy Robinson Jr

Eddy Robinson Jr was the son of Romanian-American actor Edward G. Robinson. Robinson Jr also lives with Monroe and like Chaplin Jr is keen to step out of his father’s shadow. Evan Williams is best known for his role in Versailles as the Chevalier of Lorraine. Fans may also recognise him from the 2017 thriller Escape Room.

Blonde is available now on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.