Clip of Jeffrey Dahmer in the background of Stranger Things

So, TikTok is convinced Jeffrey Dahmer was in the background of a scene in Stranger Things

Wait, what?!

In the most bizarre crossover of all time, people on TikTok are convinced they’ve spotted serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in the background of a clip from Stranger Things. Following the release of Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story on Netflix, viewers of both shows have made the strange sighting.

The clip is from Stranger Things 4, and shows Max getting off the school bus. Then a boy, who does in fact look eerily like Jeffrey Dahmer, walks in the background of the shot. Check it out:

To be fair, you have to admit, it does look a lot like him. However, we should all know by now that the Duffer Brothers never miss a beat. And, factually, this crossover couldn’t happen. In May 1978, Dahmer graduated from high school. Stranger Things 4 takes place in 1986, so the timelines are incorrect.

This hasn’t stopped TikTok falling into an oblivion over the clips. Both have received over a million views, and whilst one has had comments turned off, people have A LOT to say on the other. “It was a reference I’m almost sure,” one comment reads. “Damn,” another quite simply adds.

Between 1978 and 1991, Jeffrey Dahmer killed 17 young men and and boys in the Milwaukee area – making him one of the most notorious serial killers in American history. He would often lure his victims back to his apartment, drug them and murder them.

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story and Stranger Things 4 are available now on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.