How I Met Your Mother cast now

17 years since it first aired, here’s what the How I Met Your Mother cast are up to now

Josh Radnor makes music now…

If you can bare the thought of it, the first episode of How I Met Your Mother aired 17 years ago in September 2005 and it was then when we were all introduced to the most iconic friendship group who were attempting to navigate their lives in New York City, all while falling in love and enjoying a drink at MacLaren’s Pub. Barney, Lily, Marshall, Ted and Robin were on our screens for 11 years and even though it’s best to not speak about the dire season finale, there were so many moments that cannot be forgotten.

It’s been 17 whole years since we were first introduced to Ted Mosby and his friends, but what are the actors who were cast to play these iconic roles in How I Met Your Mother all up to now? Many of them already had established acting careers before HIMYM and so haven’t continued to do big roles, but there is a lot they have all gotten up to. Here is what the cast of How I Met Your Mother is up to now:

Josh Radnor – Ted Mosby

Josh Radnor had been in the acting game for five or so years before landing the role of Ted Mosby. After the show stopped airing, Josh took a short break before starring in a couple of movies and TV shows, and even went onto star in an episode of Grey’s Anatomy. In 2018, Josh made a major comeback and starred in NBC’s Rise alongside Disney’s Auli’i Cravalho. It was unfortunately cancelled after one season.

A stark difference between Josh Radnor and his character Ted Mosby is that Josh is in no rush to get married. Radnor has never been married and was last in a relationship with Minka Kelly for one year from 2016 to 2017. Josh Radnor now makes music and released an EP in 2021 called One More Then I’ll Let You Go.

Neil Patrick Harris – Barney Stinson

Our favourite toxic King was Barney Stinson and he taught us every way how to not approach a relationship. Neil was already a very established actor on the stage and in film before starring in How I Met Your Mother. While playing the role of Barney, Harris starred in multiple films including The Smurfs movies and Gone Girl. More recently, Neil Patrick Harris has starred in the Netflix romance Uncoupled where he plays the role of Michael whose life gets turned upside down after his partner dumps him after 17 years.

Neil is has been married to David Burkta since 2014 and the two recently celebrated 18 years since their first date in April 2022. In an Instagram post, Burkta said: “We always celebrate the first date – because for seven years of our relationship it was against the law to get married.” Neil and David have two children together, Harper Grace and Gideon Scott.

Cobie Smulders – Robin Scherbatsky

Robin was hands down the best character on How I Met Your Mother and there will be no debate on this ever. During and after starring on How I Met Your Mother, Cobie joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe and has starred in a string of movies and TV shows as Maria Hill. Cobie recently made an appearance in the HIMYM spin-off, How I Met Your Father. It was all very wholesome. Cobie married her husband Taran Killam AKA Gary Blauman in 2012 and they have have two children together.

Alyson Hannigan – Lily Aldrin

Alyson Hannigan was no stranger to the screen before starring in How I Met Your Mother as she had already made a name for herself in the American Pie movies as well as for her role in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Alyson has been in a string of TV shows and movies since her How I Met Your Mother days including the live-action Kim Possible Movie and more recently the Disney movie, Flora & Ulysses.

Alyson has been married since 2003 to none other than Alexis Denisof AKA Sandy Rivers, who was Robin’s gross co-anchor on How I Met Your Mother. Alexis and Alyson have two children together, Satyana and Keeva.

Jason Segel – Marshall Eriksen

One How I Met Your Mother cast member who you may wonder what he is up to now is Jason Segel. HIMYM was the catalyst for Jason Segel’s iconic romantic comedy career and as a society, we should all be grateful. Jason Segel has starred in the likes of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Bad Education, This Is 40 and The Muppets to name a few. His most recent role was alongside Lily Collins in the Hitchcockian thriller, Windfall. Jason was dating his longtime girlfriend Alexis Mixter for eight years before they split up in April 2021. Like his co-star Josh Radnor, he too is single.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.