colby ryan arrested

Sins of Our Mother: Lori Vallow’s son was arrested for rape just before Netflix doc aired

The charges against him have since been dropped

Colby Ryan, the eldest son of Lori Vallow, the subject of Netflix’s newest true crime documentary Sins of Our Mother, was arrested for rape shortly before the documentary aired.

Ryan was accused by his estranged wife of rape, and he was arrested and charged with two counts of sexual assault at the beginning of the month. The charges against him have since been dropped.

Last week the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office in Arizona dismissed the charges without prejudice which will allow “the office to file charges in the future and allows time for additional review of the case,” a spokesperson told NBC News.

via Netflix

Ryan was released from custody last Thursday 8th September, and must abide by the restrictions of his release which includes no contact with the alleged victim or the arresting officers.

The alleged victim, who is married to Ryan but the couple are separated and live apart, claimed Ryan came over to her property to watch TV on 31st August.

She claimed they kissed consensually, but she did not want to engage in sexual intercourse. She said she told Colby Ryan several times not to touch her but he inappropriately touched her and raped her.

In the probable cause document Ryan is alleged to have called his wife later that day and cried and apologised. The next day she recorded a conversation in which he allegedly admits to raping her.

During his police interview after he was arrested Colby Ryan, made a number of “verbal admissions” according to the probable cause affidavit.

via Netflix

Colby Ryan is a main interviewee in Netflix’s newest true crime series Sins of Our Mother. He is the only living child of Lori Vallow, who has been accused of killing her two youngest children and is set to stand trial, along with her husband Chad Daylow next year.

The documentary series follows the life of Lori Vallow and what happened after her two youngest children J.J. and Tylee were reported missing. The children’s bodies have since been discovered in the garden of the family’s property. Sins of Our Mother covers Vallow and her husband’s extreme doomsday beliefs and two other mysterious deaths connected to the family.

Sins of Our Mother is available to stream on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.