Meet the two new couples set to up the competition in Married at First Sight UK

Matt and Gemma are goals already

In a shock twist, Married at First Sight UK has introduced two new couples to the experiment’s line-up. With the couples already giving it a shot at married life and are two commitment ceremonies down, a new set of couples is definitely set to cause some drama and heighten the competitiveness between everyone. But before they arrive on our screens, here is everything you need to know about the two new couples joining the Married at First Sight 2022 UK cast:

Sophie

26-year-old Sophie describes herself as “a romantic at heart” if the right person for her comes along. She works as the Head of Partnerships at a tech company and is looking for her soulmate on the show. Sophie has lived in Manchester for the last five and a half years and has struggled to find men on her level who share the same goals and values as her.

In Sophie’s experience, the only “successful” men who have approached her are already in relationships or are never able to pursue something long term.

Johnathan

Johnathan is a carpenter from Selby in North Yorkshire. The 32-year-old says he is ready to settle down but needs to find the right girl. Johnathan has worked as a carpenter since he left school and sees himself as an “outlier” who does his own thing. His longest relationship was two years and towards the end Johnathan wanted to settle down but it all came to an unfortunate end.

Matt

Matt is a 32-year-old barber shop owner from Huddersfield. Matt is described to have a “heart of gold” who would go above and beyond for his friends and family. His friends describe him as an extrovert “with a lot of love to give”. The Yorkshire lad has two dogs and is looking for a woman who “shares his passion for life” and isn’t afraid to try new things.

Gemma

Gemma is a self-proclaimed “bad bitch” from Devon. She is desperate to meet a man who can “sweep her off her feet” and keep up with her antics in the bedroom. 30-year-old Gemma is the owner of a successful hair salon and is a proud mother of two who has yet to find a man who can add substance to her life. Gemma feels as though she is “running out of luck” and is desperate for her fairy tale ending.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook