Meet Rebs: The Leeds Uni graduate taking the Great British Bake Off by storm

She’s a bit of a jet-setter and loves a night out

The Great British Bake Off is back, bringing with it a roster of interesting characters- one of those is Northern Irish graduate Rebecca Lightbody aka Rebs.

23-year-old Rebs had a tough first episode and at one point looked like she might be shown the door. But she managed to scrape through, ready to fight another day.

But who really is Rebs? Here’s everything we know about the Bake Off contestant:

Before appearing on Bake Off, Rebs got a first from Leeds Uni

Rebs grew up in the countryside in Northern Ireland and loves everything about Irish culture. She can Irish dance and play the tin whistle.

She moved to England to study Economics and Finance at the University of Leeds, graduating with a first class degree in 2021.

She then went onto do a Business Master’s from Ulster University, which she only finished this year.

She loves travelling

rebs-great-british-bake-off-2022

@rebslightbody in Rhodes

Rebs is a bit of jet setter, having travelled to Amsterdam, Vienna, Rome and Marrakech among others.

She’s always uploading snaps of her holidays to her immaculate Instagram feed.

Rebs loves a night out

When she’s not hitting the books or cooking up a storm, Rebs loves to go on nights out. She’s also partial to festival.

Here she is having a whale of a time with her mates at Boardmasters Festival.

She makes TikToks about baking

Rebs is on TikTok (@rebsbakes) and makes videos about baking. Here’s Rebs cheffing up some Focaccia.

@rebsbakes

My money don’t jiggle jiggle but my proofed focaccia dough does Check out the full recipe on my grid xx #focacciabread #focaccia #bread #fyp #foryou #bread #mymoneydontjiggle

♬ Jiggle Jiggle – Duke & Jones & Louis Theroux

The Great British Bake Off continues next Tuesday on Channel 4 at 8pm. All episodes are available to watch on All 4.