harry landis

Breaking: Harry Landis, AKA Friday Night Dinner’s Mr Morris, has died

He was 90 years old

Harry Landis, who played Mr. Morris in Friday Night Dinner, has died at the age of 90. He was best-known for playing the mischievous character in the Channel 4 show, who outrageously dated the Goodmans’ grandma, Nelly.

Mr. Morris had some of the most memorable quotes in FND’s entire six-series run, including “pineapples and the government,” “bleedin’ punk rockers” and “guess how many heart attacks I’ve had”.

His affair with Nelly was one of the cringiest – and most hilarious – storylines in the series. His last appearance was at the end of series three, where Nelly faked a medical emergency just to get out of marrying him.

harry landis

Photo via Channel 4

His agent, at Sharry Clark Artists, put out a statement, which read: “Sad news. Our lovely client Harry Landis has passed to spirit. Harry had an amazing career and gained a new following in later life as Mr Morris in Friday Night Dinner. It was a privilege to have worked with him as a client. Harry you will be sadly missed. RIP.”

Over the years, Harry starred in a number of *huge* TV shows and films. In his earlier career, he starred in Casualty, The Bill and a series of TV plays on the BBC. In the mid-nineties, he even had a regular role on EastEnders, playing a character called Felix Kowalski.

friday night dinner

Photo via Channel 4

More recently, he was in Dunkirk and Edge of Tomorrow.

Tracy-Ann Oberman, who played Aunty Val on Friday Night Dinner, tweeted: “Bloody loved #HarryLandis. I am so sorry to hear of his passing.” He’s the third of the main cast to have passed away in recent years, following the deaths of Frances Cuka (Nelly) and Paul Ritter (Martin).

This is a breaking news story.